• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nicks garage

You have to remember that just like reality TV shows, Nick is playing to those who probably don't know much, and are looking because they either want to learn, or are just genuinely curious.

I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

BTW....he is a member here.
This bob...is what it is. He makes money from his youtube vids. we watch for free if thats how you want to do it, or pay for premium. I myself disassemble engines differently. yeah he dicked around pulling pushrods and scoping the port that you could just shine a light in but who gives a crap? Ive seen worst people doing engine work. Apparently from the looks of his shop and business he knows what hes doing. Do you have 30 or 40 classic muscle car owners dropping off their cars at your shop to repair/restore? Im not saying you dont know how to fix a hemi or anything for that matter but I can tell when someone does. Its all for show

I just watched that episode this morning, it’s crazy how the pieces of a broken valve were scattered throughout the intake tract and took out multiple cylinders…

This bob...is what it is. He makes money from his youtube vids. we watch for free if thats how you want to do it, or pay for premium. I myself disassemble engines differently. yeah he dicked around pulling pushrods and scoping the port that you could just shine a light in but who gives a crap? Ive seen worst people doing engine work. Apparently from the looks of his shop and business he knows what hes doing. Do you have 30 or 40 classic muscle car owners dropping off their cars at your shop to repair/restore? Im not saying you dont know how to fix a hemi or anything for that matter but I can tell when someone does. Its all for show
Don't get me wrong....I have enjoyed watching Nick's videos.

The only trouble I have is tuning my ear into his outrageous French accent. :lol:

Don't get me wrong....I have enjoyed watching Nick's videos.

The only trouble I have is tuning my ear into his outrageous French accent. :lol:

Well being from Quebec, I would call it just rageous lol
:thumbsup:

why fight the pushrod removal one at a time , break the adjusters loose , the remove the entire rocker arm assem. in one piece , then all the pushrods at once .
and yes its common for a dropped valve to cross over to the other bank ,

I guess the OP was waiting to see someone with a big air wrench spinning and throwing bolts all over the place then walking all over the parts on a dirt floor. "Yep, rite thar is the problem!"

Nicks a professional with many years of engine building. He's systematically disassembling this engine and taking the time to explain to the novice what he's doing and why. Most of the video is in real time and hardly any editing like most do. They could have cut out the time it took to remove the first valve cover but they didn't. The plug tubes can stick and make it more difficult than a regular valve cover to remove but he takes his time not to bend it up.

Can't please everyone! Hey did anyone see the latest video on YouTube by Not so Famous Bob?

I guess the OP was waiting to see someone with a big air wrench spinning and throwing bolts all over the place then walking all over the parts on a dirt floor. "Yep, rite thar is the problem!"

Nicks a professional with many years of engine building. He's systematically disassembling this engine and taking the time to explain to the novice what he's doing and why. Most of the video is in real time and hardly any editing like most do. They could have cut out the time it took to remove the first valve cover but they didn't. The plug tubes can stick and make it more difficult than a regular valve cover to remove but he takes his time not to bend it up.

Can't please everyone! Hey did anyone see the latest video on YouTube by Not so Famous Bob?
we always removed the spark plug tubes first , easy/peasy with a pair of needle nosed pliers , never had one stick in 14 yrs. of racing...

I don't have any problem with it. Nick does drag out his videos, but trying to make a video while doing the work is harder than just wrenching away.

Try operating a shop/ mechanic, and then transforming into a TV personality :lol:

I'd be Oscar the grouch lol

You have to remember that just like reality TV shows, Nick is playing to those who probably don't know much, and are looking because they either want to learn, or are just genuinely curious.

I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

BTW....he is a member here.
Yep, I'll include myself in those that dragged him over here back when...
Lookit, Nick is flat out the real deal. He's got decades of experience, he's built a ton of not only
hemi's but all manner of 60's/70's engines (he's really good with 440's, for example) and he tries
to be entertaining for the camera, sure - but he's also a good-hearted fella.
The kind of a guy that actually will call you and try to help you sometimes - as he did with me,
more than once.

I don't question his motivations or his integrity; he's built his business from scratch, he has a good
reputation and does things his way, that's all.
As a result, I don't understand this random "attack" on Nick by this "Bob" guy and I summarily dismiss
it as gratuitous and unfounded - because I know better.

Auto Transport Service
Back