• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nicks garage

not so famous bob

Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Anyone see the nicks garage episode ,where he tore down a hemi that dropped a valve ?
He said he has tore down a lot of hemi`s over the yrs . , dam sure didnt look like it , almost couldnt watch it , didnt look like he knew much about it to me !!!
Been there , done that !

I'm no hemi expert myself nor an expert engine builder. But I do enjoy watching Nick's Youtube channel regularly. I respect that guy a ton personally. Hoping to meet him later this summer. I don't recall the dropped valve in the hemi episode off hand. I do remember the dropped valve in the 440 of that white 66/67 Charger though.

He had a recent video of a big event to show support of his customers n fans on June 4 TH.Turned out a lot of mopars n had real nice weather for the occasion.

His brother runs a stock eliminator challenger..
Have to know a little something about hemis at that point.

What part of the vid was an issue for you? He got the heads off without a cutting torch. do you have a different way to unbolt heads? do tell.....:popcorn:

IIRC, I believe I have seen multiple hemis in his shop at the same time being worked on in the past. Some engines still in the car, but most out on a stand or on his dyno. He's a Mopar rock star to me. Just sayin...

Anyone see the nicks garage episode ,where he tore down a hemi that dropped a valve ?
He said he has tore down a lot of hemi`s over the yrs . , dam sure didnt look like it , almost couldnt watch it , didnt look like he knew much about it to me !!!
Been there , done that !
How about a link to episode. Thanks.

Been there , done that !
You have to remember that just like reality TV shows, Nick is playing to those who probably don't know much, and are looking because they either want to learn, or are just genuinely curious.

I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

BTW....he is a member here.

I see lots of videos of Nick's with 426 and genI hemi stuff....You sure you don't mean Uncle Tony's garage:rolleyes::p:poke:

I see lots of videos of Nick's with 426 and genI hemi stuff....You sure you don't mean Uncle Tony's garage:rolleyes::p:poke:
Dayuuuuum......

1687380100630.png

:lol:

I watch Nick from time to time. Nick is an old school mechanic, and the best thing about his channel is that he shows when things screw up, doesn't try to look smarter than he is. I built an engine dyno several years ago and his dyno secessions look and feel a lot like the ones I have done. Some engines refuse to respond to tuning and some run just better than they should. Sometimes I can figure it out sometimes not.

Ran on
His brother runs a stock eliminator challenger..
Have to know a little something about hemis at that point.
Ran one for 14yrs , same block and one original head , dropped a valve in the other original, freshened engine every yr., sometimes more depending on the dykes rings .
Tore it down many times , like I said , he wasted a lot of time and effort the way he did it !!
Was he thinking he was educating idiots ?

What part of the vid was an issue for you? He got the heads off without a cutting torch. do you have a different way to unbolt heads? do tell.....:popcorn:
you totally missed the point !!
There was one on here that agreed with me , must be a hemi owner or was one .

Auto Transport Service
Back