• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nicks garage

Don't get me wrong....I have enjoyed watching Nick's videos.

The only trouble I have is tuning my ear into his outrageous French accent. :lol:

He's Greek actually - but yes, given where he is, he's also fluently Quebec French.
I have a harder time trying to decipher a thick brogue or Scottish accent myself - and
yes, oftentimes a strong NZ one, too. :)

The only trouble I have is tuning my ear into his outrageous French accent.

LOL ! That accent my friend is a blend of his Greek heritage as well as Quebec French and English. It would surprise you how many English speaking Quebecers have that accent yet can't speak a word of French. Its "regional" accent, like Newfoundlanders, New Yorkers, Bostonians, the Northeastern states, Louisiana, Texas, etc..

we always removed the spark plug tubes first , easy/peasy with a pair of needle nosed pliers , never had one stick in 14 yrs. of racing...
I have to say he made a project out of it, chasing tools. The broken valve, I might have done differently. Got an ear ache listening about his brother.

Last edited:
LOL ! That accent my friend is a blend of his Greek heritage as well as Quebec French and English. It would surprise you how many English speaking Quebecers have that accent yet can't speak a word of French. Its "regional" accent, like Newfoundlanders, New Yorkers, Bostonians, the Northeastern states, Louisiana, Texas, etc..
:rofl::rofl::rofl: ...thanks for the clarification.

Yep, I'll include myself in those that dragged him over here back when...
Lookit, Nick is flat out the real deal. He's got decades of experience, he's built a ton of not only
hemi's but all manner of 60's/70's engines (he's really good with 440's, for example) and he tries
to be entertaining for the camera, sure - but he's also a good-hearted fella.
The kind of a guy that actually will call you and try to help you sometimes - as he did with me,
more than once.

I don't question his motivations or his integrity; he's built his business from scratch, he has a good
reputation and does things his way, that's all.
As a result, I don't understand this random "attack" on Nick by this "Bob" guy and I summarily dismiss
it as gratuitous and unfounded - because I know better.
evidently you dont know anything about a hemi , not saying he`s not smart , and very successful , it was almost painfull to watch...

Whata bunch of suckers we must be....this dude posted an identical thread at FABO, zero replies....
:lol:

I met Nick last year at Carlisle, seemed like a really nice down to earth kinda guy, I enjoy his videos...Rich
As did I with the same experience. I look forward to Nick's videos. But I guess Bob being the only one had a problem with the way Nick tore down that Hemi.

Pat Stoddard: Hugo, have you ever had ouzo?
Hugo Simon: I have had everything, my dear.
Pat Stoddard: I was with two Greeks last night and we drank lots of ouzo.
Hugo Simon: And where, may I ask, was your husband, while all this Greek and ouzo business was going on?
Pat Stoddard: Where he always is the night before a race: trying to sleep [after watching Nick Panaritis tear into another hemi].

Pat Stoddard: Hugo, have you ever had ouzo?
Hugo Simon: I have had everything, my dear.
Pat Stoddard: I was with two Greeks last night and we drank lots of ouzo.
Hugo Simon: And where, may I ask, was your husband, while all this Greek and ouzo business was going on?
Pat Stoddard: Where he always is the night before a race: trying to sleep [after watching Nick Panaritis tear into another hemi].
:rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back