• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No break pedal

mrkinger

Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
I thought i might try here also .I have an thread on 65 b bodys,but i need help so im trying here also .i replaced my single m/c with a new dual m/c and i cant get a pedal .any ideals .could really use the help.i bled them 5 time and getting no results .
Thanks
Paul

Did you bench bleed the M/C before you installed it? IF you didn't, no biggie. Get two pieces of short brake line to run from the ports on the m/c and back into the reservoirs. fill with fluid and slowly pump the pedal a few times to get all the air out (wait several seconds for the air bubbles to dissipate before releasing the pedal), then replace the lines and go back to the normal bleeding proceedure. Right rear first, then left rear, right front, left front. Might take a while if you have a lot of air in the lines.

Is bench bleeding that important.i didnt realize it

Yes, bench bleeding is a must do as Satellite65 stated and you will be golden!

Okay thanks guys ,i will take your advice and do it in the morning.first thing

Another eye opening way of bleeding the M/C is to use plugs and block those two ports off. Pump the pedal slowly and it should go high and hard. Once you get that, hook up either the front or the rear line and bleed out those two wheels. Once you have a good pedal, hook up the other line and bleed out the last two wheels. If at any point you don't get a good pedal, you know where to look for problems.

Of course, this all assumes you have a problem with your BRAKE pedal and the pedal isn't broken.:toothy9:

Thanks so much for your help guys,And also you Satillite 65 ,took your advice and it worked perfect,i used two small brake lines and attached two clear plastic lines and held them below the fluid level and all the air came out when i had a friend pump the pedal .Have to tell ya guys this forum is priceless .So many helpfull people ,with alot of knowledge
Thanks so much
Mr Kinger

Auto Transport Service
Back