• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No improvement with tunnel ram

Welcome from way south of you. Take Off, You Hoser!:lol:

Then it wasn't tuned properly,
too small carbs, jetting or leaned out bad
reversion in the manifold (?) etc.
or some 'old' POS tunnel-ram (swap meet (?) junk), that doesn't fit the ports properly
or not the right style for your combo, bigger plenum alone should make more power
longer runners alone should also make more power/torque, it's physics
But;
Usually across the board "the tunnel ram"
it should have made a min of 20 ft-lbs more torque
& about the same in HP, if done properly, the camshaft & heads/valvetrain
will also dictate where it makes a difference, but it will make a difference
(or even more (double that #) when the combo is done correctly)
the engine is just a huge airpump

we need a bit more info,
& we need it in the proper forum too

this is just the welcome wagon,
a place to get to know each other before we dive into all the problems
maybe share a few photos & background, story, maybe a bit more

good luck & welcome to FBBO

Last edited:
Hey Russ, maybe you can help me with my problem, I ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. what do you think ?

Hey Russ, maybe you can help me with my problem, I ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. what do you think ?
Haha you guys crack me up.

Please say that you did not cut a big hole in a good hood...............

My tunnel ram sure picked up on power and torque. My hood already came with a big ole hole in it.

IMG_8666.jpg

20221001_130926.jpg

20200421_155802 (002).jpg

20200426_224158.jpg

20221001_151456.jpg

Well folks, looks like we have another one hit wonder......

Checkout the latest roadkill engine masters for tunnel ram comparison.

You must have never played this game before, you need to put in another quarter and add alot more information.
He only joined two days ago and it’s his first post so I’m not sure there is a lot more to the story.

U have to tell us what u started with for an intake and carb and what u have now. Tell us about the rest of the car. Mine picked up over 2/10s. Kim

B9B5386A-675B-4D6F-9604-538CDF40C327.jpeg

BD6362D9-B49D-49BB-A10A-EFCC1690C84B.jpeg

E54F15F5-FFCF-4B9B-BA7E-E82BE8817AAE.jpeg

969F43CB-C573-4E1D-A0CF-F28A2B9D9EB6.jpeg

748BF5DD-5E2E-4EB6-A8A1-4227A89618DC.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back