• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No Mopar in Nascar

IMO nascar doesn't want a mopar on the track anyway

A pack of Toyotas block the Chevy's and Fords. Mopars too if they were there. Danica crashes, same old.

had it on in the shop while wrenching this afternoon. couldn't take it. toyota, toyoda... whatever... wouldn't have mattered about as fond of chevy and ford as toyoda. shut off the tv and turned on '60s classic rock and worked on the '64. Earlier, when Dodge dropped out, so did I. Thought it was worth another look-see, Daytona and all...

Not-so-much...

Real STOCK car racing would use showroom sheet metal and manufacturer available block and heads. Do that and I might watch again.

Screw those yotas, nascar still pissed bout the Daytona an superbird. Nascar sold out to yota. Sad.
Your absolutely right. Original sheet metal period.

Attachments

• yoda.jpg
    yoda.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 241
I still watch, but like it allot better with Mopar/Dodge involvement/contribution...

If you don't like, don't watch it, that's the best recourse...

Those Toyota teams no matter how much I dislike them winning,
or many of their drivers even...
Many US people are employed by them,
the NASCAR Toyota race teams are all American ran & owned,
by American engineering, fabricator, engine builder, parts suppliers & staffs too...
#-ing In the thousands... Billions of $$$ spent

IMO yes NASCAR Opened Pandora's Box; now we all have to live with it...
I'm half surprised & really glad Nissan isn't in it too...
They are a large supporter of SEMA & aftermarket industry too, trickle down parts...

I'm a race fan 1st, Dodge/Mopar fan 2nd...

I personally like Drag Racing much better anyway,
but NASCAR has allot more in depth coverage {I wish Drag racing had}
& far more air time...

It won't ever be 1970 ever again...
I do miss it too
, but I've moved on...

IMHFO I'm pissed at Dodge & their leadership/ownership,
more than NASCAR, even their management for bailing on their extremely
loyal fan base/support
, NASCAR is just keeping on/chugging along,
with or without Dodge's participation...

Haters are goona' hate, no matter what it is, it's racing, automotive related,
which IMHFO it's considerably far better than the Kardashians or Honey Bo Bo,
or the oral masturbation on network TV crap...

Most of the season if Chevy fest too, rarely Ford fest, but it's racing...

My $0.02 cents

Attachments

• 68 Charger Nascar #1 Pete Hamilton.jpg
    68 Charger Nascar #1 Pete Hamilton.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 69 Charger 500 Nascar # 3 Buddy Baker & 69 Talladega Nascar #98 LeeRoy Yarbrough Daytona 500 196.jpg
    69 Charger 500 Nascar # 3 Buddy Baker & 69 Talladega Nascar #98 LeeRoy Yarbrough Daytona 500 196.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 226
  • 69 Daytona Charger Nascar #22 Bobby Allison #1.jpg
    69 Daytona Charger Nascar #22 Bobby Allison #1.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Toyota 500.
Yup, apparently Toyota has NASCAR in it's hip pocket. Between handing the championship to Kyle on a silver platter last year and the free pass qualifying for the big money teams this year, NASCAR has lost what little credibility they had left. No wonder there's empty seats.

I guess that a shocking amount of $$$ is removed from spectators. Just for a reality check, how much for parking, admission, and a few beers? That's after the traffic jam and lodging. Admittedly, I go to Sonoma once a year to inhale some Nitro and feel the ground pound. Costs a fortune, traffic sucks, and I hope for a Mopar to knock off Ford man. Now Chevy man. It takes balls to call this stock car racing. It took balls to race stock cars. Like Baker did.

Stock-bodied cars in NA$CAR will never happen again...hasn't been around since the '90s. Stock engines? They weren't exactly "stock" even in the early '60s, so you'll never see production engines, period. The France family has always had a big, giant woodie in its quest against Chrysler, and to a lesser extent, Ford. So Mopar doesn't come back to NA$CAR...so what??? It's the GM/Toyota/Ford 500 anymore, and has been for a few years.

I always watch the Daytona races, regardless. The awful FOX commentators, especially Waltrip, just make my skin crawl. Plus, the required once-a-second sponsorship plugs by the commentators and the drivers is so over the top! Along with the conveniently-placed can or bottle of "This-guy-sponsors-me!" in a drivers' hand every time a camera is on him. My BIG pisser? When the commentators talk that Driver X was the champion of the "Xfinity race in 1989", just pisses on true NA$CAR history; because it was the Busch Grand National Series then...oops, can't mention old sponsors or what have you. God help them if they say "Winston Cup"!!!

Honestly, the thought of watching an showroom stock Accord duke it out all afternoon vs a Fusion, Altima, Chrysler 200 and a Regal at Daytona Speedway is less than interesting.

That said, maybe midsized cars would finally grow a set of balls.

Told myself when Toyota wins the Cup, I'm done watching. Well, they bought it last year and I'm done watching.

It won't ever be 1970 ever again...
I do miss it too
, but I've moved on...
Haters are goona' hate, no matter what it is, it's racing, automotive related,
which IMHFO it's considerably far better than the Kardashians or Honey Bo Bo,
or the oral masturbation on network TV crap...

Most of the season if Chevy fest too, rarely Ford fest, but it's racing...

My $0.02 cents

I hear you, and I know it won't be 1970 again. I haven't stopped watching because Toyota races. I haven't stopped watching because Plymouth is gone or Dodge won't race.

I stopped watching because I don't find the current action very interesting.

Auto Transport Service
Back