• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more R134 Maybe

Coronet 14

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
The administration is seeking voluntary commitments from chemical manufacturers and retailers as it seeks to draw down the use of R-134a chemicals, known more widely as hydroflurocarbons (HFC), which have replaced ozone-damaging coolant chemicals like Freon.

Because of their collective frequency of use around the world — "up to10,000 times as potent per ounce as carbon dioxide, according to climate change scientists," the Post noted — such chemicals are thought to be adding to climate change problems.

Dark Winter: Book Exposes Fraud of Man Made Global Warming

Along with encouraging the discontinuance of HFCs, the White House is also working on the diplomatic front to ask other nations to join its campaign against greenhouse gas production. The interest comes ahead of an upcoming U.N. summit on Sept. 23 where build-up of these gasses will be discussed, the Post noted.

Already the president has struck a deal with two dozen U.S. companies including Kroger, Pepsi and Honeywell, to reduce fluorocarbon emissions, The Washington Times reported Tuesday.

The administration, noted the Times, says such a deal, if followed through on, "will reduce greenhouse gases by 1.5 percent from 2010 levels, the equivalent of removing about 15 million vehicles from U.S. highways."

The new policy efforts follow on the heels of the Obama administration's crack down on power plant emissions, which has angered coal states and opponents who have charged such efforts will cause U.S. fuel prices to rise amid clean energy claims.

The new effort on HFCs seeks a buy-in on environmental policy from businesses and the private sector.

Noted the White House in making its announcement: "HFCs, factory-made gases used in air conditioning and refrigeration, are one of the strongest greenhouse gases in the atmosphere and are up to 10,000 times more potent than carbon dioxide. Unless we act now, U.S. HFC emissions are expected to nearly double by 2020 and triple by 2030," the administration said in a statement announcing its executive actions.

"The commitments made today would reduce cumulative global consumption of these greenhouse gases by the equivalent of 700 million metric tons of carbon dioxide through 2025, equivalent to 1.5% of the world's 2010 greenhouse gas emissions and the same as taking nearly 15 million cars off the road for 10 years."

Dark Winter: Book Exposes Fraud of Man Made Global Warming

Administration officials are meeting Tuesday with 22 companies who have pledged to join his HFC reduction program, The Hill reported.

"The intended purpose is to highlight what we are doing and show North American leadership in this area," Steve Yurek, CEO of the Air Conditioning Heating and Refrigeration Institute, told The Hill. "You often hear that North America isn't doing anything but we have done more in the past 10 years and plan to do more in next 10 years.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/US/global-wa...ls-potent/2014/09/16/id/594935/#ixzz3DXcC4LGc
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

We all know that its just a case of I have something new no lets get the epa to market it.

"President Barack Obama, whose administration is moving quickly to enhance his environmental legacy, "

Well, that explains everything but hasn't this man left a bad enough legacy already?

I just read last week that the hole in the Ozone layer is shrinking. Must be some reason for that. Maybe the Women are using less hair spray these days.

If that's the case, the ozone hole started shrinking 40+ years ago after the beehive hairdo went out.

the 134a was starting to get phased out 3 years ago...this is old news.

there is still R12 being made, there will always be 134a around....they are just going to go to something else now

Any more info on the "Dark Winter" book?

I found this
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Winter-John-L-Casey/dp/1630060356

- - - Updated - - -

Fewer cows are farting.....

Not in Collinga or Oakdale Ca. either...LOL...

It's funny how the natural methane {most %'s of green house gas concentrations} spewing out of the oceans,
from organic rotting materials on the tundra {northern hemisphere that's one of the cleanest parts of the world},
rotting green materials in the southern hemisphere {the rain forests},
the cow's crap etc., geothermic activity like Yellowstone or Alaska {or the 1000's of volcano's around the world even}
in the 100,000,000,000 trillions of metric tons everyday, isn't ever or rarely talked about,
but in comparison the "miniscule" amount {most countries including the USA}, that is "human caused"
always seems to be, a big humane crisis, China yes, big time polluters, most of the USA isn't,
hum lets all follow the $$$$ trail...
Green Eco-Activism/Extremism, ideological causes & political greed
{or because it's from a thriving businesses, that supports the wrong political party, more like}

Attachments

• Liberal Climate Change Debunked -Dark Winter- How the Sun Is Causing a 30-year Cold Spell by Joh.jpg
    Liberal Climate Change Debunked -Dark Winter- How the Sun Is Causing a 30-year Cold Spell by Joh.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Everyone knows that we need a hole in the ozone layer for rockets to go through into outer space.

Yep DuPont did it with R 12 now its 134a

And you can expect the price of 134a to go through the roof just like R12 did. Unless I missed something, I don't hear the big chemical companies crying about this.

Time for me to buy another 30 lb bottle of 134 i know someone one that runs a shop and he said they are starting to starting to use a new freon called 123 and it cost $900 for a 30 lb bottle . Its all bs you will see this stuff in new cars soon .

Time for me to buy another 30 lb bottle of 134 i know someone one that runs a shop and he said they are starting to starting to use a new freon called 123 and it cost $900 for a 30 lb bottle . Its all bs you will see this stuff in new cars soon .
its r1234yf and its already out. I had to fill a 2014 dodge charger that was in an accident. It was over $200 in refrigerant. Rigt around 10 bucks an ounce. Took 21 ounces.

I just spoke to a residential AC guy and he said R20 is done this coming January.

New freon called 123 and it cost $900 for a 30 lb bottle. That is 480 oz. = $1.875 per oz. per 30 lb. bottle. But are we going to retrofit again to use the stuff (fittings?) form what I have read it should work better in R12 systems than R134. So do you spend hundreds converting to R134 or possible $300 for refrigerate? Sounds like a bust to me. Or better yet 32 oz. @ $1.875=$60.00. Maybe getting an AC Licence would be worth $3900 per 30 lb. bottle.

Auto Transport Service
Back