• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No-one proof reads anymore....

B66573E1-02A9-42C4-8F24-73AF39FD9311.jpeg

Dollor? Being a Michigander, that's how they pronounce it in the Great White North! LOL! It's a joke between my daughter and me, as she's down in Florida, and is constantly asked if she's from Canada because of her "accent"! (Please, I mean no offense, our Canadian neighbors. We love Hockey Night in Canada, Labatts and Molson!)

Complete nonsense.

Kids are taught all that stuff, just as we were.

Take a read through this forum. Seems lots of folks haven’t grasped the whole “reading, spelling, punctuation” thingamajig.
I take a interest in the grandkids education and talk to my children about what exactly they are being taught, in addition a close relative is a grammar school teacher out west.
School and how they teach is way different from what I experienced back in the fifties and sixties and even different then what my children experienced but why wouldn't it be? Times and methods have changed. The excuse used all too often is to blame teachers but its not the teachers but rather what school boards dictate they teach. Students are still being taught spelling at very early grades. Cursive writing is now obsolete but I dont have a clue why that is.

I was told they do not make kid learn times table and how to add and subtract
Next time you go to a store wait till they ring you up then give them some change to make your change better and it will confuse them as they need the machine to tell them what to give you back

Auto Transport Service
Back