• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No one wants to buy my 440, what should I do with it?

Take your time and find a good useful home for it so it can live again. These things don't grow on trees anymore and surely someone close would love to have it. Good luck.

Man, here we go again.

Easily done,

Put it on Craigslist for $1200. Someone will come along and offer you 800 thinking they got a deal and you'll get 150 more than the 650 you are into it.

Some has a new post on here wanting one

Everything sells if the price is right. Definitely do not scrap it. I see 440s in need of rebuild on pallets in my area (Detroit) anywhere from $300 to $1000. You just have to wait for someone in your area to need one and then offer the best deal at that time in your area.

Ok guys. Thanks for the insight. I guess I will just keep pressing the renew button on CL.

Ok guys. Thanks for the insight. I guess I will just keep pressing the renew button on CL.

List it on other sites like For C-bodies only, Moparts, For E-bodies only, the hamb, Chrysler power, for A-bodies only, facebook, offer up, go to your local dragstrip on a Sat/Sun get into pits and look for Chysler guys running and ask them, machine shops locally and ask, ad in your Sunday paper, click on other links on mopar websites and go to them and list. There are lots of sites out there. I have sold stuff when I was just about to throw out if it didn't sell at this show or that show, I have carried parts for 14 years and they finally sold. Not many that long but I have. If it aint eatin nothin or costin nothing put it in a corner and don't worry about it. Just don't scrap it. I bough 30 mopar cars 2 months ago and have to sell them. Will take long time to sell them. They are A and B cars

Wizard

I still have a short block 440 sitting in the corner for 20+ years.SOMEDAY............

If you don't have to feed it and it cost you nothing for it to sit around I say let it be.

I can tell you one thing, it's NOT going down in value right now.

Seems everyone is after 400 blocks to build into a stroker motor these days. Well, it's pretty easy to still use a stock 440 crank and offset grind it and make that 440 a 470. How much does it cost to offset grind vs cut all the counter weights AND grind the mains down on a 440 crank to fit that 400 block?

Just hold on to it, build it little by little. I would take it if you were closer as I will eventually put a big block in my 62.

Do we even know the price? I saw $650 into it but I don't see an asking price?

Auto Transport Service
Back