• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non Mopar but one of my old cars is coming back to me after sitting for 30 years +/-.

As parochial as I am towards Mopar, I can appreciate the story and the car. Getting back one that "got away" is a cool regardless of the brand/model. I recently was sent a picture of one of my first "good" cars, a 74 Roadrunner that is still alive and was at a car show. I owned the car back in 79/80. It was a 318 3 spd gun metal grey, white interior with red/black hounds tooth seats. I put a 340 4 spd in it, painted it Yellow Emron (rattle can stripes). Good car, but I spun a rod bearing street racing it and traded it for a 74 Challenger on a car lot. Id love to have either car back.
IMG_0307.JPG

At least when people say "Nice Nova" they will have the right car.

Going to keep the color?

Nice Nova, Love the Vista and cutlass next to it. I've got a 69 firebird conv. with a ls 2 going in it on the body table now next to the coronet.

amazing condition for any car (let alone a GM)
especially for being
out on the back 40 up in the great white north

I see you have some sentimental value too
that's another thing too

lots of my formers cars, I'd love to have back too
"IF I had the room & $$$$"

most of US here are
equal opportunity gearheads,
we like cars
MY 1st love is MoPar, always will be too
but I've loved many cars & I've had many brands
I even had an infinity for British & even German sports cars for a time

good luck with it,
have fun, that's what the hobby is all about

Just for shits and giggles, it so happens to have a Mopar a body rear diff in it now! The diff left the car years ago as it was a Posi. So I dragged a 7 1/4 with me and stuffed it in. She’s got a little Mopar in her already.

thats a Really good looking car there..and you just dragged it out of the dingweeds even!
i would bet a wash and a good buffing by someone who does that for a living would bring spectacular results.

if it was mine ( wink ) id lose those front strips of chrome on the fenders,
get some nice 17 inch retro mags and put an ls motor in it.
chevy stuff is cheap and you can build a whole car for less than half of what a mopar costs.
congrats on Saving this car and being the same owner as well.
ty for sharing with us :thumbsup: and i hope you keep us updated.

Thank you. The friend who helped me retrieve it is doing an LS swap himself. He knows all the data. But at the same time, he offered me his 350hp 1970 4 bolt main 350 and a built 700 trans....for free. It is an older build but runs good. I think I will use that to get this thing inspected and on the road and then carry on from there. It is surprisingly solid. A few flat steel patches in the floor and trunk and it will be basically solid!

IMG_1296[1].JPG

I helped build a 1971, 383 stroker, coan 400 turbo, 12 bolt rear end. I replaced the whole floor pan and trunk. Had to build new front pockets for the frame rails also. It was a light orange with two black stripes and a 2 inch cowl hood. 17 inch torque thrust on all four corners and ran like crazy. They're a really sweet car to build and if done right can bring big money.

amazing condition for any car (let alone a GM)
especially for being
out on the back 40 up in the great white north

good luck with it,
have fun, that's what the hobby is all about

I can explain a bit more of the story which helps to understand the condition. In 1989, the car was driven from Utah up to Canada to visit relatives. During their stay they got in an accident and bent the front lower driver side control arm. It drove the tire back into the fender if you can see it in the pics. Obviously the car was not worth much in 89 so they just left it with their cousins and went home considering it a write off. I got it from the cous and installed a different sub frame from another hatchback I had. Then life came along and it went to where you see it being rescued from. So the car was only 16 years old when parked! And it is an American car vs a Canadian rust belt one!

...and I thought lp was liquid propane.:D

Really like and enjoy my 1966 Chevy II ( Nova ) . . .

121440-e003ce73444eaa00832f231f4dfaae7e.jpg

283 V-8 with 3 on the tree . . . .

Glad that you're getting your old car back . . . that's gotta feel good ! ! !

cue the ferris bueller music...oooooyeahh...chica chicka!
id be doing the happy dance if i opened that trunk lol.
usually all i find are dead umbrellas and random gloves :lol:
which always makes me wonder..is one of these Oj-s glove?

At least when people say "Nice Nova" they will have the right car.

Going to keep the color?

Probably clean it up and see if it will polish a bit. The car was originally a dark blue. Trunk, door jams etc are still blue. Not that I don't like "resale red", but the blue would have been very cool.

Auto Transport Service
Back