• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD NOS 440 short block

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudW

Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have an NOS 440 short block for sale.

I purchased it not quite 3 decades ago but now I need money - so it has to go.

The casting date is 7/13/77.
It has a cast iron crank and (really) low compression (smog) pistons.
The VIN pad has not been stamped.
Part number (parts catalog) 4027 507
It came from Chrysler coated in Cosmoline, but does have some light surface rust in a few minor locations.

Before use, I would recommend getting it hot tanked, a very light cylinder wall honing and get some stock bore size pistons that are not in the 6 to 1 range.
It should be at standard bore (4.32”) – but didn’t want to scrape off the Cosmoline to measure.

I would like to get $1,800 (US) for it – but any reasonable offers may be taken.
Accept PayPal, cash, check. Might even accept a partial trade (but still need most of it in $)

Engine is for sale at other sites, as well.

Shipping will be extra. I can put it into an enclosed wooden crate for shipping, if wanted.
If buyer is close enough – I might be willing to drive it to location or part way – if wanted (and within reason).

Have tons of high def. pictures and trying to make a site where they are all viewable.

I’m generally found as active member at For FMJ Bodies Only http://www.forfmjbodiesonly.com/classicmopar/ under same name (BudW).

Engine is currently at my residence in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
20160930_100024.jpg

20160930_095943.jpg

20160930_095837.jpg

20160930_095621.jpg

Last edited:
Cool. I bought 8, 440's and 4, 400's, when Chrysler was dumping them. Just sold my last 440, after all these decades. However...it appears one of my old ones will be coming back home...after about 20 years.

Last one I sold in August...

qnl168.jpg

2dwi6ow.jpg

35cne5h.jpg

Price now lowered down to $1,725.00 (US).

Am willing to negotiate (or trade for part of it).
If interested, please PM me. I need to make room in garage for wife’s car, before she kicks me out to the curb.

Note: the cast iron crank is NOT drilled for manual transmission.

Additional pictures.
20160930_095649.jpg

20160930_095909.jpg

20160930_095636.jpg

20160930_100011.jpg

Price lowered down to $1,625.00 (US), plus shipping.
If you are interested in this, and think price is too high, then get with me for I am willing to make a deal.

Bob, what to do you feel is a fair price then?

Engine has 0 miles on it - stock bore.
I would think installing some decent pistons in it and heads of your choice, this would make a killer platform of an engine (or a good basis for a longer life stroker engine).

Wife is ready to kick it (and/or me) out to the curb, if I don't move it.

I would think 650 to 700 at best. What you have is a new block. Cast crank dished pistons no cam. Just a good 0 mile block. To build it right you would have to dump everything but the block and possibly the rods. That is just an opinion and worth 2 cents or less.

will have to be disassembled completely which affects the value, if it was a 69 nos then that might be something else entirely. Block market is based on what someone will be willing to pay as a base for a new performance build not building a factory spec 77 440. Keep that in mind with asking price and you will be able to find a buyer.

Sale pending.

I was comparing this to a New MP 440 block, and this one is already has machining finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back