• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nostalgia Super Stock / Mopar Races

Does anybody know what rules the Buckeye S/SS series go by
NMCA rules
From Buckeye's website:
1. Allowable entries:
NHRA & IHRA Stock and Super Stock
Nostalgia Super Stock as per NMCA Rules (Carbureted only,no injectors)
2. No heads up runs for the same class during eliminations(run off dial in)
3. All entries must run class index or below
4. Lane choice determined by driver agreement or coin flip
5. Races will be random draw for first round & laddered after that.
6. First round bye will be detirmined by random draw.

NMCA rules

Attachments

• NMCA NSS rules.pdf
    236.7 KB · Views: 151
NMCA rules
From Buckeye's website:
1. Allowable entries:
NHRA & IHRA Stock and Super Stock
Nostalgia Super Stock as per NMCA Rules (Carbureted only,no injectors)
2. No heads up runs for the same class during eliminations(run off dial in)
3. All entries must run class index or below
4. Lane choice determined by driver agreement or coin flip
5. Races will be random draw for first round & laddered after that.
6. First round bye will be detirmined by random draw.
Thanks!

Just curious, why did 422 disband?

Does United run 5 tenths full tree or 4 tenths?
Not sure why they disbanded. 422 was a fun group. It got to be too expensive for us. You had to pay your $50-60 track entrance, and then another $100 to the 422 purse. They paid out to the winner of second round, and the winner of the event received $1500 plus prizes. They liked to run at lots of different tracks. MIR, Beaver Springs, etc... The travel got heavy for us as well.

United runs a .500 sportsman tree. The only entry fee is the track entry. The payout isn't nearly as big as 422, but more people race it due to the lower cost...I think.

For payout GLSSA is great. Lots of freebies as well.
Doug
4662150_7332143394912731136_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=wPRlXwFZV5IAX-rEUhz&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

disclaimer;
1st off please don't take what I'm about to say personally
it's not meant as such or to insult anyone

as to the rules, package cars in certain years
there are a lot of fake S/S cars running today
just clones of old earlier S/S's stopping at 1967
with way bigger engines (572- 600+) than they ever ran etc.
100's of cids more & far more mods to the cars & suspension
it's nothing like the org. S/S anyway
if it was they'd be penalized weight/per cid or something

just because they fall into that specific year
I don't get that mentality
or being a package car
goes back to my 1st statement about engines & clones of S/S cars

why the exclusion ? why the exclusivity ? why so limited ?
seems a bit narrow minded (no offense)

I don't have a horse in the race,
I really don't care much either

& I know it's the rules

but S/S was alive & well in 68-69-70 & 71 too
if they are afraid of smaller lighter cars
don't let them in or make a completely different class or series for them
if they aren't mid size cars, or make a rule as such

all the MoPar B-bodies Dodge & Plymouth are true midsize cars

they can all play together
with the no electronics, no transbrake, no delay box, not elect. throttle stop,
rules etc. etc. etc. (all rules I go along/agree with for nostalgia cars/racing)
many are heavier
even 68-70 Chevelle's, 442's, GS's, full size Fairlanes/Cyclones/GT's Galaxies
etc. etc. etc.

exclusion will make it die, it always does
(limitation has that effect, years specifically here)
Is it being afraid to let more competition on sacred turf ?
been stuck that way for so long ?
after all 68-69 was the pinnacle of S/S,
Hemi cars ruled, granted they were A-body
70 was the shift to Pro-Stock, S/S was still alive & well

I wish we had more nostalgia races out here

anyway carry on
just me thinking outloud

Last edited:
The year thing isn't a mentality. Its a rule. If racers don't want to be excluded, its very simple. Build a car that fits the rules. That is no different than every racer in the our class has done. Why is this class any different than any other as far as rules? Every class has them. Can I run NHRA S/S or stock? Nope,my car doesn't fit the rules. Is it the best combo to no box bracket race? Nope, no trans brake, no air shift, tires to small, big power. So my car is a compromise. It was built so it could run N/SS. I made that choice knowing the rules. I live with that choice. Anyone can do the same. I've stated here already that NMCA has a class, Nostalgia Muscle Car (NMC). It is run under nearly the same guidelines. Also stated previously that there are groups that have more liberal rules. Plenty of places to race. Get your ride out and enjoy it. See you at the track.
Doug

Last edited:
For payout GLSSA is great. Lots of freebies as well.
Doug
View attachment 903218
Damn , i had to win the season class championship to get a $ amount the same as that . We go for $200 a round win , $180 ru . With $200 entry per round this year i think .
I enjoy watching you guys run , when streamed .
I get the line is drawn somewhere , sometimes you just fall outside it . No different to a lot of racing here , guys buy/ build cars that dont fit the class they want to run . And then its on like donkey kong !

Tex

Not sure why they disbanded. 422 was a fun group. It got to be too expensive for us. You had to pay your $50-60 track entrance, and then another $100 to the 422 purse. They paid out to the winner of second round, and the winner of the event received $1500 plus prizes. They liked to run at lots of different tracks. MIR, Beaver Springs, etc... The travel got heavy for us as well.

United runs a .500 sportsman tree. The only entry fee is the track entry. The payout isn't nearly as big as 422, but more people race it due to the lower cost...I think.

That's a shame they had a good deal going. The only time we ran with them was at the Beav. at the York Reunion race... Other than all the Fords we had a great time. lol just kidding.

We'll I'm glad United has pick up where they left off. Some day I would like to come out that way and run with you guys.

exclusion will make it die, it always does
I started running with a N/SS group in 1990. It's grown and been adopted by other organizations over time including years and body makes of cars that are accepted, so I don't really understand the above quote. Help me if I'm missing something. Craig.

All I can say is I wish there was some sort of an NSS series out here in the Pacific Northwest, or even anywhere in the western US. With the addition of opening Holley 4150 carbs to Mopars, my car is completely NMCA NSS legal, and After a few years of bracket racing, I’d love to take a shot at some NSS index racing! I’ve even considered lettering my car F/NSS just to support the brand. Hey NMCA... If you’re listening: Add NSS to the West program!!!!
For those wanting to open the class to ‘68 - ‘72 cars, It would seem to me that the reason for the year rule is that by that time, Pro-Stock had taken over as the class the factories were focusing on. Thus, even though they were making muscle cars, they weren’t offering An NHRA stock-eliminator legal car for purchase from the factory anymore. The idea behind NSS is to focus on replicas of the factory offerings. To open to further years would completely fly in the face of that core intent.

I was sorry to see the 422 club go away but to be honest for a guy like me on a tight budget it cost a fair price to run with them. Track fee like anywhere from $35 to $65 dollars and I think you had to pay them like $125 also. I like the UNSS as it only cost me $55 dolars total to run with them. Course the payout is less but its great for a guy like me who loves NSS racing but is on a tight budget and I only get to race about twice a year. Ron

I was sorry to see the 422 club go away but to be honest for a guy like me on a tight budget it cost a fair price to run with them. Track fee like anywhere from $35 to $65 dollars and I think you had to pay them like $125 also. I like the UNSS as it only cost me $55 dolars total to run with them. Course the payout is less but its great for a guy like me who loves NSS racing but is on a tight budget and I only get to race about twice a year. Ron
The year thing isn't a mentality. Its a rule. If racers don't want to be excluded, its very simple. Build a car that fits the rules. That is no different than every racer in the our class has done. Why is this class any different than any other as far as rules? Every class has them. Can I run NHRA S/S or stock? Nope,my car doesn't fit the rules. Is it the best combo to no box bracket race? Nope, no trans brake, no air shift, tires to small, big power. So my car is a compromise. It was built so it could run N/SS. I made that choice knowing the rules. I live with that choice. Anyone can do the same. I've stated here already that NMCA has a class, Nostalgia Muscle Car (NMC). It is run under nearly the same guidelines. Also stated previously that there are groups that have more liberal rules. Plenty of places to race. Get your ride out and enjoy it. See you at the track.
Doug
I totally agree with DVW.These are the rules build a car to fit. I'm 52 and in my younger days was involved with different clubs putting on local motorsports events. Biggest problem was trying to make everyone happy because you can't and events suffer. A friend of mine runs with the southeast gassers and there rules are very strict and they are getting bigger every year.

Just saw 2 more listed. Rock Falls Wi, N/SS win $2500/r/u $1000 both Saturday and Sunday June 19/21. Holly Springs Missisippi June 12/14, win $10,000 Saturday, win $5000 Sunday. I need to retire so I have more time off to travel.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back