• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a Mopar, tractor ign

I think you will like the pertronix. I think '57 was the end of 6 volt stuff but it likely still had a generator and converted to a alternator. The old generators seem to have been easier on points. The pertronix doesn't seem to care on the voltage. I think our first pertronix we installed in '93. I'd hate to think how many points we'd have been through by now.

I think you will like the pertronix. I think '57 was the end of 6 volt stuff but it likely still had a generator and converted to a alternator. The old generators seem to have been easier on points. The pertronix doesn't seem to care on the voltage. I think our first pertronix we installed in '93. I'd hate to think how many points we'd have been through by now.
It still has a generator, no alternator.

It still has a generator, no alternator.
My vote is for the Pertronix also. I dumped the points in favor of the Pertronix in my 60 Dart Phoenix in the early 90's. Have not had the cap off since. It still has the factory generator.

Auto Transport Service
Back