• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not a typical 68 Charger

One of the coolest projects I have ever seen and I grew up with an old man that did all kinds of street rods and a brother that has a chassis/race shop.

Next level by far !!!!!
Thanks

Finishing up installing little stuff like trans cooler lines, driveshaft and exhaust.

IMG_5751.jpeg

IMG_5727.jpeg

Is the motor going to fit without a scoop or bump?

That drivetrain tunnel is a monster. I see you chorded the bend, ....same as me as I also do not have a roller. It works!
I assume you plan some sort of mega console, or going for the industrial look?

Great read. It will be quite an accomplishment when done.

During shakedown it will be bare. Eventually I will do a low profile console to tie it all together.

Holy wiring harnesses Batman! It looks like you will be tangled up in blue for a while!

You got some sauce to go with all that pasta? That reminds me of the 50 Ford F1 I mated to an 04 Explorer chassis. Used most of the 04 wiring since it was CANBUS. I stripped out a lot of it, had a hefty pile for the tech's to use on oe wiring repair since it was proper sizes/had tracers etc. Hope you have some factory diagrams to study.

I have schematics printed out from Mitchell. That is all the papers batched on that table to the left. Hope some of the circuits can be eliminated in the computer.

I eliminated quite a few on that Ford. ATC,SRS, Security key and a couple of others. Was able to have JBA eliminate said programs out of the oe PCM. Just had to use the old cluster still since that was the CANBUS hub. Mounted it, the PCM and a few other electronic units inside of the old gas tank so they were hidden. Not enough room under the dash to stash all of that stuff.

I am waiting on HPtuners to get back to me if they are able to omit the unneeded modules. If not then I will keep looking. There should be enough room for all the modules under the dash and in the console area behind the t- case.

Got the Jeep interior harness broke down. Working on the dash harness now.

IMG_5845.jpeg

71435319410__51A9D379-C09A-4FE0-94A4-66CA63AA702D.jpeg

Save that extra spaghetti. If you have any friends in the auto repair biz, that stuff is gold as you can't buy it with colors/sizes/tracers etc like that.

Auto Transport Service
Back