• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not letting something holding me back

EricaMG

Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
Not letting something hold me back,what happened to me when I was 5 months old.At 5 months old,I was diagnosed with brain cancer and went on the Chemo treatments.I beat it and then the bad news.Parents were told the chemo treatments did something to my pituitary gland.Stopped my growth and have the body of a 10 year old girl.It was tough at first and learned to live with it.My parents and late older brother inspired me not to give up.Was teased and picked on in middle school as well.At 43 years old,I have amazed my parents.Dad sees it a lot,we own an auto repair shop and sees I can do anything a normal person can do.My parents get it all the time asking if they have a 10 year old daughter and it makes them mad.Tell them no and I am an adult woman in a body of a 10 year old girl

Hello Erica, I see you're a fairly new member so Welcome aboard FBBO. Your personal story is very inspiring. Since you and your family are involved in the car repair business, I'm sure you have seen a thing or two that we would find interesting and could learn from. We have many members who have also been in the same business and now You can add to the wealth of knowledge on this site. Glad you're on board and MOPAR to You.

Awesome !! I am glad that you could see beyond the negative and make such a positive out of your life ! Never give up !!

Welcome aboard from southern Illinois! Lots of neat cars around here and lots of knowledge! Stay strong, you’re stronger than you think! We like car pictures here! Just a warning!

Welcome from Georgia.

Welcome from Vermont to the #1 MOPAR site on Earth! You GO girl!

At 3' 10",I am also seen as a normal person by my friends too.I used to have a stool that I got to get into my top Drawers of my toolbox.Now have a step that a neighbor made me that I use that is more sturdier.

I've seen you around on the site and can tell you have a love for cars. Thanks for sharing your story. I would think you have the advantage working on cars because of your size. Lots of situations when I wished I had smaller hands or my size was too big to get into a position to get at a particular part. Good for you for your persistence!

Do you have a favorite vehicle? Maybe the "MG" in your user's name is a clue?

I've seen you around on the site and can tell you have a love for cars. Thanks for sharing your story. I would think you have the advantage working on cars because of your size. Lots of situations when I wished I had smaller hands or my size was too big to get into a position to get at a particular part. Good for you for your persistence!

Do you have a favorite vehicle? Maybe the "MG" in your user's name is a clue?
I like the mopars,a huge fan of them.I get some of the under the dash work as well

Thanks so much for your inspiring story! My heart goes out to you! God bless and stay strong! We're the ones blessed for having you as a member here. Thanks again and welcome to this site! ruffcut

:welcome: from another Michigander Erica. You will find this site very informative and thanks for sharing your story. It is very up lifting. Maybe we'll run into one another at a local cruise-in or show.

Plus I know a show of a 22 year woman that went through the same thing I went through is coming up on TLC,I Am Shauna Rae and will be watching it.My parents gave me my independence when I was 18

Welcome from Jacksonville Florida. Your story is inspiring. Good for you. You may have even inspired me to go back to my hobby and finish the car in my garage for 22 years. Again, welcome aboard.

It doesn’t matter who you are... if you like Mopar B Bodies you are one of us! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back