• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not many roadrunners with rally dash?

moparjohnny

Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
I have not seen many road runners with rally dash except superbird,anyone know why?. I was thinking about adding one to regular roadrunner. Thanks

I have not seen many road runners with rally dash except superbird,anyone know why?. I was thinking about adding one to regular roadrunner. Thanks

Huh?All the 70 RRs and S Birds had em.No ralley dashes in the 68-69 RR,GTX or Sattys

in the early years the RR was a bare bones car. Body, MOTOR no extras

1969 Car of the year..... best performance/value combination.. bare bones great price.. kick *** on the streets

yep the 1st year1968 isn't any slouch either

1969 Car of the year..... best performance/value combination.. bare bones great price.. kick *** on the streets
:iamwithstupid: yep 1st year 1968, is no slouch either...

Attachments

• 68 Roadrunner advert. #2.jpg
    68 Roadrunner advert. #2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 69 Roadrunner advert. #3.jpg
    69 Roadrunner advert. #3.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 366
70 was the first for the Rallye cluster in the RR. A stated before the RR was the poor mans hot rod.

That's rightl. They fattened up in 70. My 69 Coronet has the tic toc, rocker moldings etc. The "upscale muscle. Too bad no one knows what it is. They know Chargers and Roadrunners.

I have 68 coronet, is this possible in my car? I've always wondered that. . . . . I LOVE that dash.

That's rightl. They fattened up in 70. My 69 Coronet has the tic toc, rocker moldings etc. The "upscale muscle. Too bad no one knows what it is. They know Chargers and Roadrunners.

didn't you know all mopars are "Chargers" to non-mopar people? MOPAR = CHARGER

didn't you know all mopars are "Chargers" to non-mopar people? MOPAR = CHARGER

Funny you should mention that. Right after I got my hoist put in the new garage, my neighbor brought his 73 Challenger over to see how it worked. A guy selling pizzas or meat comes waltzing in like he knows everything. The first words out of his mouth was "Wow, that is a awesome looking Charger". He was even close enough to read the Challenger script. At least he didn't call it a Camero or Mustang.

Funny you should mention that. Right after I got my hoist put in the new garage, my neighbor brought his 73 Challenger over to see how it worked. A guy selling pizzas or meat comes waltzing in like he knows everything. The first words out of his mouth was "Wow, that is a awesome looking Charger". He was even close enough to read the Challenger script. At least he didn't call it a Camero or Mustang.

yeah i've found challenger to be especially confusing to people. must be because charger and challenger both start with a 'cha' and end with an 'ger'. As soon as someone starts talking a cool charger they just saw, knew of in high school, dad, uncle, best friend etc had. I ask a few questions like was it a plymouth or dodge and did it have a long front end and short deck lid like a camaro or did it look like the dukes of hazzard car ... at least 50% of the time they can't answer and usually just say something like "i can't remember but it was really cool and i think it had the 383 six pack magnum in it. man that thing was fast" I also find superbee and superbird confuses a lot of people's memories. If there were actually as many superbirds built as i've been told people have seen, rode in etc there would be plenty around for all of us :)

:iamwithstupid: yep 1st year 1968, is no slouch either...
Amen Budnicks. Drag night back in the day, two lane blacktop in the middle of nowhere, at least 30 cars there, mostly Chebies and Fords, a race every 5 minutes until a Big Block B body would show up. The racing slowed way down and many went home. Fear factor.

Last edited:
The rally dash was not an option on Road Runners or GTX's in 68 or 69. They were standard in 70 and up.
They were standard equipment in all Super Bees 68-71, all Chargers 68-71, and an option for Coronet R/T 68-70.

Auto Transport Service
Back