• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Now This I Can Truly Get Behind

And Ghost if they covet the flight gear so much as a ground pounder, then retrain into the Aviation Career Fields. Then you get all the gear that is available. Otherwise suck it up and quit trying to be a wannabe!!! cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

10-4. When I was at NAS Bermuda, I had to fight like Hell to get a new CWU-45P Nomex flight jacket issued to me. I had a summer weight Nomex jacket that had been subjected to so much hydraulic fluid stains it was falling apart. The ******** AK2 in Supply kept telling me they didn't have money in the budget for flight jackets... as he's sitting there at his desk with a flight jacket hanging on the hook behind him.

My fix was to get a pilot's supply catalog and order a black CWU-45P jacket. It was milspec, and the same as the one the Navy bought, but it was black Nomex vice sage green. It pissed off my Chain of Command to no end when I would wear that jacket, but not enough that they would get me a new jacket. Then I told our command senior chief I was thinking about buying a lemon yellow flight suit and I would walk around looking like the world's largest bumble bee. :) He told me he would get me a new jacket and after a week or so I had one.

I think the military as a whole has plenty of pride in appearance but they are stuck with whatever the government gives them to wear. The ACU's do look like pajamas and they are not allowed to starch or press them. Those pajamas should be relegated to work wear alone and the troops should have to be in a dress uniform before leaving duty. Every drill hall has shower and changing facilities as does every base and unit. It is just a change of habits and a change of requirements that will take some time to get used to if they are required to change uniforms before leaving and after starting duty. The services did it that way for a long time before and we still managed to save the world so it should still be possible in todays services.

I was in the Navy back when we had to change clothes to come into & leave work. It added a good 30 minutes to our 10 to 12 hr day.

Auto Transport Service
Back