• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Number matching '68 Coronet Hemi for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it says xvmotorsports is selling it. I personally will never buy another thing from them, having nothing but bad luck with their products and really crappy customer service. Looks like a nice car but it's kind of my "rule of thumb" to never inquire about cars for sale that have no price. Means they either aren't that interested in selling it or the price is too high.

Price is probably too high....but it is a very nice "project"

I don't think I have ever seen a Dodge R/T, let alone a Hemi car, have a standard guage cluster. The only cars I have seen with them are Plymouths. I also though that the leaf spring shackle attach points had gusset plates welded to the frame on Hemi cars, and I cannot see if the front leaf spring perches are boxed or not. On a side note, the "Coronet R/T" door medallions seem out of place. I had a pair out of a 66, and think that they only were on a 66-67, but I could be wrong though. I checked my 68 manual, and cannot find anything saying that they fit on a 68 coronet, so idk.

I also agree that if a price is not listed, they usually want too much...

I don't think I have ever seen a Dodge R/T, let alone a Hemi car, have a standard guage cluster. The only cars I have seen with them are Plymouths. I also though that the leaf spring shackle attach points had gusset plates welded to the frame on Hemi cars, and I cannot see if the front leaf spring perches are boxed or not. On a side note, the "Coronet R/T" door medallions seem out of place. I had a pair out of a 66, and think that they only were on a 66-67, but I could be wrong though. I checked my 68 manual, and cannot find anything saying that they fit on a 68 coronet, so idk.

When I finally find the numbers matching '68 Hemi car that I've been looking for, I'm going to be sure to bring you along on the inspection. Have a great weekend!

The instrument cluster is right. It is a flat 150 mph which was standard, the Charger/Super Bee rallye cluster was optional on the Coronet R/T. Odd I know but that is the way it was.

Not a good enough picture to see if the gussets are there or not. Another thing that was Hemi specific is and additional pinion snubber reinforcement plate welded on top of the standard one.

The R/T door badges are correct for both 67 and 68. They did NOT come on a 66 as there was no R/T in 66.

The instrument cluster is right. It is a flat 150 mph which was standard, the Charger/Super Bee rallye cluster was optional on the Coronet R/T. Odd I know but that is the way it was.

Not a good enough picture to see if the gussets are there or not. Another thing that was Hemi specific is and additional pinion snubber reinforcement plate welded on top of the standard one.

The R/T door badges are correct for both 67 and 68. They did NOT come on a 66 as there was no R/T in 66.

I didn't say the cluster was wrong, just that I have never seen one on an upgraded car before. I would have figured, if you are spending that kind of 1968 money, you would spend a few dollars more for an optional rally cluster. Hell, he sprung for the tach, why not the ralley cluster?

On the medallion, you are correct. Someone had put them on my Bee, and found they came from a 67-68 car. Had the years mixed up.

My `68 Coronet R/T has the standard intrument cluster as well and the R/t emblems on the UDF do look a little forward but they are where they are supposed to be.

If this car wasn't red, I'd be all on it.

The white walls gotta go but otherwise it wouldn't hurt my feelings driving it around!

I see it says xvmotorsports is selling it. I personally will never buy another thing from them, having nothing but bad luck with their products and really crappy customer service. Looks like a nice car but it's kind of my "rule of thumb" to never inquire about cars for sale that have no price. Means they either aren't that interested in selling it or the price is too high.
:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back