• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Observations made in the course of everyday life.

Men do that as well.
I used to do it when I was single. I wanted to be looking my best in case a single woman could be coming along.

View attachment 1129272
Vain men do, anyways.... :)
I know how goofy I look, I don't need constant reminding.
Unless someone actually calls out something about my appearance, I don't bother.

I like to look respectable and clean when in public but I almost never look in a mirror.. my hair is kept so short it needs nothing but washed so... What drives me nuts is laziness in ones appearance, go to the Walmart and women look like they crawled out of bed.. still wearing PJ's.. seriously they do, people dragging their feet, boots unlaced with one pant leg half tucked and the other not.. that **** drives me insane! It reflects on who you are, to lazy to pick up your feet, lace your boots, get dressed... wonder what their car or house looks like?

[QUOTE="Kern Dog, post: 911934413, member: 10067"
My delivery was short on tact but I wasn't wrong.[/QUOTE]

Also known as being dead right.:poke:
:rolleyes:
:D

fart.jpg

I like to look respectable and clean when in public but I almost never look in a mirror.. my hair is kept so short it needs nothing but washed so... What drives me nuts is laziness in ones appearance, go to the Walmart and women look like they crawled out of bed.. still wearing PJ's.. seriously they do, people dragging their feet, boots unlaced with one pant leg half tucked and the other not.. that **** drives me insane! It reflects on who you are, to lazy to pick up your feet, lace your boots, get dressed... wonder what their car or house looks like?
Not just women....the freak show at Wally World includes men, too.

Lately I have seen several gas stations change over to the two tier price schedule.
One price for cash, a higher price for debit or credit. It used to be cash/debit at one price and credit was the only higher one.
This sucks.
Yeah, I carry cash but who the hell knows EXACTLY how much gas that they need to fill up? You're stuck either stopping short of being full or making another trip inside to get your change. Are they just trying to get more in the store to buy stuff OR do they see the debit exchange as a way to make more money?

Also....
At a taco joint I like, they are NOW charging an additional 3.99% for NON cash transactions. Why? Did the banks suddenly start squeezing the vendors? I thought that electronic transfers cost them LESS to process than cash.

Nope cash is king, it is no longer cheap for a small business to have a card machine. If you are doing a million dollars a year it is cheap, average mom and pop shop .40-.50 cents per swipe, so if you spend 5 bucks they lose 10%. It is legal to charge either a percentage or a swipe fee. Who do you think pays for the 2-5% cash back people get on their cards, not the bank.

Merchant charges/fees over decades old, parents had businesses in 70s-80s, fees then: cost to "maintain/service/program/add program features, etc... NOT CHEAP, ssooo costs passed on down the line.

Businesses added he cost of credit cards to their prices decades ago. They just want MORE!

No we all did not, and our cash customers are getting the respect they deserve. We keep our prices as low as possible, and charge a swipe fee. The problem people are the ones that swipe a card for a coffee or a pop, that is not a major purchase.

CASH IS KING!!! Or WAS. Back in 80s, talk was "cashless socity", aaaahhhh, screw that!!!

Years ago I didn't use my credit card like I do today. I pay for almost everything with a card now, but, not if it's a few buck. Went to a pizza joint the other day and the owner now charges to use a credit card. My bill was around 35 dollars, large pizza and two side salads. The pizza was great, but wasn't free and the waitress is the daughter of the owner. I'm a big tipper, always have been, but, this just pissed me off and I gave the waitress less to off set the card charge. I can understand her problem if you charge a cup of coffee on a card, but, a 35 dollars large pizza and two side salads. business is business, you take the good with the bad. The other side of the story is, I have a swimming pool installed and asked if I could use my credit card. He said absolutely not, to much cost on him, so which is it, to little or to much.

Tips on receipts is such BS too!! I give my CASH tip to MY server, after all, the other servers didnt take care of me, why should THEY get my tip???!!!

Tips are almost always cash, keeps uncle sam out of their pocket.

Businesses get charged for the privilege of using credit cards. Amex is the highest. One nice thing about Amex though is they'll go to bat for you if there is an issue whereas Visa/MC you have to battle with them. Also Amex has better fraud protection and alerts. One thing I learned when I was managing the body shop was the companies supplying the card readers get sneaky on how much they charge you for using their machine. They'll tell you its X percentage but after a couple of months they will squeak up the charge without notification. When you catch them, they'll go back to the agreed amount but do it all over again when you get complacent. Another thing I learned from the couple who owned the NAPA store I worked at. Watch for when you don't get a receipt when paying cash. There are days when there is a receipt and days when there is not. When there is no receipt, thats when the merchant is pocketing the funds. As a small business, you have to work the system where you can sometimes to stay alive. We paid cash to the subcontractors of our garage build as much as possible. That helps them tremendously and us too as they would discount for paying cash on the spot. Nothings a pisser for a business like having to chase payments for 30+ days.

Nothings a pisser for a business like having to chase payments for 30+ days.

30 days? I wish.... I have a company that was referred to me by an equipment supplier.. Supposedly their equipment tech has passed away & they needed help.... I did an install & a machine repair for them back in February.... Still not paid... Yet they have the balls to ask me to go out on more services..... Somehow I get a sense their tech didn't actually pass away....

Some days you need Rocko and Guido to go bust some legs. I always loved to government stuff. Had to give them a deal and it could be 90 days or more before they payed. Another one was body shops squeezing for discounts, getting parts at cost or below if the dealer bought on special programs, then not paying their bills and having to be cut off till they paid. Lots of flakes in the world. When I worked retail parts made the customer pay in full for the special order. My thoughts were if they didn't pay then, they wouldn't pay or pick it up when it showed up.

I have noticed that paying for things is so much easier since I had my number tatooed on my wrist.

Auto Transport Service
Back