• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Observations made in the course of everyday life.

This good thread reminds me of an SNL sketch from many years ago. It was "Deep thoughts by Jack Handey." They even published a book on it. Two of the deep thoughts he had was: "Better not take a dog on the Space Shuttle because if he sticks his head out when you are coming home, his face might burn up." and "If you are in a boxing match, try not to let the other guy´s glove touch your lips, because you don´t know where that glove has been."

Ragnar in Iceland

In reference to the opening post in this thread.....
Guess WHO has decided to go on a diet and exercise plan?
I don't know if you guys would have the same luck if you took the route that I did but hey....give it a try and PLEASE report back!

In reference to the opening post in this thread.....
Guess WHO has decided to go on a diet and exercise plan?
I don't know if you guys would have the same luck if you took the route that I did but hey....give it a try and PLEASE report back!

Give up cheesesteaks, meat, potato, occasional beer, & tacos??? Raised to NEVER QUIT, so good luck @Kern Dog !! Keep us updated on progress.

Why is it government talks every year about Social Security running out of money, but we never hear that Welfare will run out of money?

I show my wife this 20 times a day at least. What happened????? This is not equal in any way. Equal rights should be for all people.
Well there CAN be a white guy in an add nowadays...he just has to be the stupid one that doesn’t understand something so the white woman or black guy can show him the correct way.

Some days you need Rocko and Guido to go bust some legs. I always loved to government stuff. Had to give them a deal and it could be 90 days or more before they payed. Another one was body shops squeezing for discounts, getting parts at cost or below if the dealer bought on special programs, then not paying their bills and having to be cut off till they paid. Lots of flakes in the world. When I worked retail parts made the customer pay in full for the special order. My thoughts were if they didn't pay then, they wouldn't pay or pick it up when it showed up.
Wish I knew what happened to all the dealer ordered DC part that notification of arrival had been sent that could not be found when I arrived at the dealership. the answer always was someone screwed up. Dam good thing they had never been paid for in advance.

Why is it government talks every year about Social Security running out of money, but we never hear that Welfare will run out of money?
If the people that received welfare had to pay into a welfare fund for years to receive it maybe we would.

Most of what I notice on a daily basis would be...
People are dumb and, they suck at their jobs...

It is amazing to me how IN-efficient some companies are, yet they somehow stay in business.

After taking a sabbatical from all I-net forums for a couple weeks, and then return. You realize just how really stupid people are on the I-net with their content.
I don't have a ounce of fat to spare, so I'll go eat something fatting!

Well there CAN be a white guy in an add nowadays...he just has to be the stupid one that doesn’t understand something so the white woman or black guy can show him the correct way.

Sometimes he’s the burglar. :D

I always did think TV was make believe.

Auto Transport Service
Back