• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

odometer

patrick66

Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
I have a replacement speedometer assembly for my '66 Coronet. The speedometer needle got stuck at 80 mph a few years back, then dropped to zero and has not moved and won't. So, rather than spend $250 on getting it rebuilt/restored and not having a cluster for months, I found a complete cluster out of a '66 440 four-door in California. All of my gauges work, so all I want to do is swap the speedometer. That's easy enough, but how do I swap the odometer from the old speedo to the replacement speedo, so my mileage reflects what the car has (106K), rather than the 73K the replacement says?

My current speedometer is in-op, but the odometer works well.

Just a clip on the end. Pay attention to the locating tangs where they lock in. Best ti get ready to remove it with your new/replacement head ready to accept it. Hold it between your thumb and index finger tightly so nothing turns. Then drop it in place and clip it.

^^^Cool, I appreciate it!

Auto Transport Service
Back