• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OER PP 202

dragrazor

Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
Any one use this paint, pearl white ? if so amount you needed for what you done thanks :)

I have not used that particular paint. As a general rule of thumb I use is about 1-1/2 gal. to paint a convertible & 2 gal. to paint a hardtop. I'm sure there are professional painters on this board with better info.

Also, for white (or pearlescent white) paints in general, they don't have the best "hiding" meaning that you often need more coats of white to cover what's underneath than some other colors, like black for example. It's just like in your house. If you want to paint a blue wall with white paint you might need 2-3 coats before you don't see the blue underneath any more. You could paint that same blue wall with black in one coat (better "hiding" power). Sorry I'm not more help.

I have not used that particular paint. As a general rule of thumb I use is about 1-1/2 gal. to paint a convertible & 2 gal. to paint a hardtop. I'm sure there are professional painters on this board with better info.

Also, for white (or pearlescent white) paints in general, they don't have the best "hiding" meaning that you often need more coats of white to cover what's underneath than some other colors, like black for example. It's just like in your house. If you want to paint a blue wall with white paint you might need 2-3 coats before you don't see the blue underneath any more. You could paint that same blue wall with black in one coat (better "hiding" power). Sorry I'm not more help.
Sorry I should have been more exact, talking about interior, such as door panels and arm rests etc. Going over original pearl white colors thanks tho

I have not used that color in OER but have used the dark metallic blue. What items are you wanting to paint?

I have not used that color in OER but have used the dark metallic blue. What items are you wanting to paint?
Arm rests and console pads as w ell as door panels, going to see how well They clean up first............Used clorox back in 60s on a 64, got it so white again :) but threads starting coming apart with in months :-( So will be much more careful, any suggestions ?

Well, if you're painting the same color white over existing white then "hiding" won't be much of an issue. I'm not surprised that Clorox ate the threads. Maybe try some dish soap, warm water & a soft bristle scrub brush or tooth brush?

I think it only took me about a quart to do the interior on my Mustang, but only 1/2 the doors are black. I used those "make your own aerosol" glass jars with the propellant can on top I got from a paint shop and in two coats (maybe overkill) the interior looks like new. I did the dash, "under dash", rear 1/4 interior panels, console and bottom half of the doors with that one quart.

I got my Charger a couple months back and one of the things that I used to clean the plastic and metal and other material was Als Totally Awesome Amona Window Cleaner... Hahahaha probably not thee best but it actually brought back the shine... it took some of the color off but I don't mind ill get replaced eventually bu its much cleaner, it's at the dollar tree for a buck and you don't have to deal with all the nasty fewms...

Certainly worth a try, will give it a test run thanks

No problem, and hey if it doesn't give you the results that you're looking for hey now you have window cleaner... hahahahaha...

Auto Transport Service
Back