• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OER RADIATORS - BUYER BEWARE?

Did you call Bob at GlenRay? He may have one to restore or the tanks to make one... won't be cheap but you won't have those issues. His customer service is second to none.
1701216832174.jpeg

That can be made level very easy with some out of the box thinking.
Aside from the pun, it actually could be fixed fairly easily if you were handy with a welder or brazer. If not, you could still do most of the work yourself. Cut the top off, level it, and take it to a radiator shop to re-attach it, level and clocked in the correct position.

Mike, does your cap run the same way as his? Also, out of curiosity I went to Superiors site and couldn't find a listing. They only list Dodge trucks. When you go to Cool Craft, their photos are the same ones used by Classic for OER. It's not a big deal, but I was thinking of sending a letter to whoever made the rad originally just to see what they would say as I know that Classic won't want to help. Are you sure Superior does Classics rads? Again, it's no big deal and I'm not trying to start something but It would help me to know for sure who made the rad in the first place. What do you think? Could you rad be originally from Cool Craft?
OER radiators are made by Superior. My cap is exactly as the red Dodge WTF was I saying, OER radiators are made by US Radiator

Last edited:
BINGO! Thanks Mike, I appreciate all your help:thumbsup: !!

Last edited:

Like I said not cheap but.... my Dart's radiator started leaking after a year... called Bob and he said yup likely a solder flux worm... happens occasionally.. he paid the shipping and fixed it. No questions asked. You don't even pay for the work until you get the radiator/heater core and you are happy with it.

Have a radiator shop fix it and send a copy of the bill to OER along with a polite, but strongly worded letter. My guess is that they will ignore it, but maybe they’ll step up and do the right thing. You don’t know until you ask.

I’ve been disappointed by ill fitting reproduction parts and mislabeled but otherwise decent parts several times. Just like the OP, I didn’t open the box until well after the return window. Always open the box…

You should be able to make it level without heat. As far as orientation that's up to you.

The local radiator shop is a thing of the past, there used to be 3 of them within 10 miles of me. My one guy is still there but getting up in age, and his shop does mostly general auto repairs now......... he'd probably love to see an old school radiator.

Got one just as good? Bought an unused ( fitting purposes only, guy went in a different direction) OER from a guy in the Detroit area. 72 Dart 6 Pack, I don't mind using his avatar from over in FABO. For my '72 driver Dart. The radiator was in the correct OER box, and part number. Radiator did not fit my car, plus had 4 holes in the cores from trying to mount a fan shroud. Wouldn't give me my money back. Does leave a bad taste in my mouth everytime I consider buying something from another individual here on these forums.
Better luck next time.

Hi Fury. I have seen your car somewhere. What cruises do you go to? I live in Barrie and I had a shop in Richmond Hill years ago. Did you ever go to any of the cruises in Barrie? We should meet in the summer and get some pics of both cars together. I have a 65 Coronet 440. It is white with a burgundy roof and matching interior. It has a 503 stroker, auto & 4.33 gear. The car was imported from the US as this model was never sold in Canada.

My cousin has a Hemi Super Bee and a 383 Dart GTS. He blew his rad a couple of months ago. After all was said and done it cost him $2000 to get it fixed.

Got one just as good? Bought an unused ( fitting purposes only, guy went in a different direction) OER from a guy in the Detroit area. 72 Dart 6 Pack, I don't mind using his avatar from over in FABO. For my '72 driver Dart. The radiator was in the correct OER box, and part number. Radiator did not fit my car, plus had 4 holes in the cores from trying to mount a fan shroud. Wouldn't give me my money back. Does leave a bad taste in my mouth everytime I consider buying something from another individual here on these forums.
Better luck next time.
I hope you left negative feedback if you didn’t get it resolved from the seller. Now you know why he was selling it.

Hi Fury. I have seen your car somewhere. What cruises do you go to? I live in Barrie and I had a shop in Richmond Hill years ago. Did you ever go to any of the cruises in Barrie? We should meet in the summer and get some pics of both cars together. I have a 65 Coronet 440. It is white with a burgundy roof and matching interior. It has a 503 stroker, auto & 4.33 gear. The car was imported from the US as this model was never sold in Canada.

My cousin has a Hemi Super Bee and a 383 Dart GTS. He blew his rad a couple of months ago. After all was said and done it cost him $2000 to get it fixed.
Hey CH. This year I haven't been any farther than pretty much Durham Region. My cruses and shows covered the east end of Toronto out to Oshawa. I live in between. Funny you should mention seeing my car. Other guy's have said they've seen me in places that I've yet to get to. There is a car around that looks a bit like mine. It's a 64' Polara, white with a blue interior
and a hemi. I think people are seeing him, unless my wife is borrowing the car when I'm out, LOL!! As for hooking up, I think that would be cool. I'll PM you in the new year and we can exchange contact info. I have a friend that lives in Barrie. He has a black on black 69' Charger. I'm sure you've seen him around your area.

Auto Transport Service
Back