• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Offset fan vs regular fan

how close is the fan to the radiator?

No shroud I would want it closer. You are going to have to run it . Add a mechanical temp gauge to see real temp,Factory might be off. I have both on my Bee for temp. HOT in SC

You said hotrod. What are the details about the engine? How much of a hotrod it is will help offer some idea.

Of course the simple solution is try all the fans and see which one performs for your style of driving. That's what I would do.

You said hotrod. What are the details about the engine? How much of a hotrod it is will help offer some idea.

Of course the simple solution is try all the fans and see which one performs for your style of driving. That's what I would do.
Duel carb, edelbrock heads, new radiator as you can see, we bought the car like this becuase the guy was turning it into a hot rod, and so am i.

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_2837.jpeg

M
No shroud I would want it closer. You are going to have to run it . Add a mechanical temp gauge to see real temp,Factory might be off. I have both on my Bee for temp. HOT in SC
None of my gauges work exexpt my spedometer i need to fix them but not my main priority. Alright ill drive it tonight alittle harder then normal and see if she runs better or worse

About 3 to 4 inchs, same as the fan before
You should investigate buying and installing a shroud and position the fan a minimum of half it's thickness inside the shroud. Without a shroud going closer decreases the surface area the fan utilizes; too far away causes even less CFM thru rad due to short circuiting air flow around the blade tips.....yes get a mechanical temp gauge...
BOB RENTON

You should investigate buying and installing a shroud and position the fan a minimum of half it's thickness inside the shroud. Without a shroud going closer decreases the surface area the fan utilizes; too far away causes even less CFM thru rad due to short circuiting air flow around the blade tips.....yes get a mechanical temp gauge...
BOB RENTON
Definitely ran hotter, i am going to switch it back when it cools down

Definitely ran hotter, i am going to switch it back when it cools down
I would look for a shroud. original radiator?Start a WTB thread for a shroud. Google to see what shroud you need with a part number . And see what the proper fan is.

I would look for a shroud. original radiator?Start a WTB thread for a shroud. Google to see what shroud you need with a part number . And see what the proper fan is.
Got it! I will look tommrow!

looks like 7 blade fan for you car
F198655560.jpg

I see the after market radiator ,tray the flex fan

you might need a new spacer to get it closer to the radiator,about an inch away.

you might need a new spacer to get it closer to the radiator,about an inch away.
Good to know, if i went with the 7 clutch fan how much would i be looking at plus the spacer?

looks like 7 blade fan for you car View attachment 1466479
This is a Mopar original design fan to be used with EITHER a thermal drive or torque drive fan clutch....a good choice...Tony's parts has both clutches and the mounting hardware. Your radiator fabricator should have or recommend a shroud to fit his design....just my opinion..
BOB RENTON

This is a Mopar original design fan to be used with EITHER a thermal drive or torque drive fan clutch....a good choice...Tony's parts has both clutches and the mounting hardware. Your radiator fabricator should have or recommend a shroud to fit his design....just my opinion..
BOB RENTON
I agree with you, my dad has one, but with all the other parts i want, its not my main priority

IMG_7315.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back