• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil in coolant?

Have any of you tried Evans waterless coolant. It’s expensive but suppose to be non corrosive. Cool better than water too. I haven’t tried it myself. As for the op problem. It just looks dirty to me. I’d flush it out good and fill with new coolant. Definitely not dexcool. It’s awful

Get a block tester. You can rent em. Just have to buy the fluid. I just kept mine. It'll check for exhaust in your coolant
Get a block tester. You can rent em. Just have to buy the fluid. I just kept mine. It'll check for exhaust in your coolant

Yea the thought of exhaust has crossed my mind. The car Isn't smoking out the tail pipes. But the coolant sure went brown ish fast

I've heared some people say you shouldn't use long life type coolant in old copper/brass radiators. Any truth to that?

Auto Transport Service
Back