• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pan 440 in a 67 Satellite

64SF

Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
I'm replacing the old and weary 318 (non matching numbers) with a fresh 1977 near stock rebuilt 440. Oil pan on engine is stamped 933. Researching it appears the pan won't work in the 67 Satellite. I've been searching the web for a pan and seen pricing from reasonable to unaffordable. Where might I find something in the under $100 range and which pan will solve my problem? Thanks...this site has been a great help.

did you change the k member to a bigblock or do you still have the smallblock k with adapter mounts.the standard center sump oil pan clears just fine in my 67 coronet,but i have the bigblock k.also have used deep center sump pan in same car with no problems.

67Cornet. The 318 crossmember is still in the car. I bought a pair of brackets that came off a 440 that was in a 67 b body. I was about to order the new rubber mounts that bolt to the brackets and mount to the k-frame for the b-body.

I don't recall there being a difference between a SB and BB K member for that car. Even if there was a difference it would probably be in the motor mount towers and not the actual shape of the K. Do you have the motor mount brackets on the correct side of the block lugs? And are they a RT and LT set?

Oh, and the 402 pan or the Milodon six pack replacement pan will work just fine. Somewhere I saw the non yellow zinc plated Milodon pan at a cheaper price than what normally pops up on Summit.

Thanks MEEP MEEP....I've got the correct brackets and rubber mounts for the installation....it's the oil pan that I may have an issue with. From additional research the 402 is the correct as from the factory pan for the car. The engine has (had) the 933 pan and was hoping to use that if it would work.

It is not necessary to swap the K member as they are one and the same. Only swap wpuld be from a 6 cylinder to an 8 cylinder motor.....

the '70-'71 hemi/six pak pan is a fairly nice street pan. would fit the k-member and 6qts capacity.

I think I have a stock pan that would fit your car / engine.
I'll compare it to my aftermarket deep sump pan tonight. If it's the correct one you can have it if you cover shipping. I'll throw in the windage tray and pickup tube as well.....

On my 67 coronet, I went from a stock 318 to a '70 440 out of a Chrysler 300. Used the mounts that were on the 440 with no issue. also went with a 6 qt hemi oil pan with no fit issues.

Looks like you'll have to pop out the bottom a bit... It seems to be pushed up "dented" from the previous owner. I never used this pan, just removed it from my 67 440 before my build began..... Anyhow, it seems to be the same sump orientation you would need like my deep sump aftermarket pan on my 67 satty.

Attachments

• IMAG0200.jpg
    IMAG0200.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 175
Auto Transport Service
Back