• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pan plug washers.

Dusty Dude

Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
Can someone recommend a sealing washer for a 1/2-20 oil pan plug in a steel pan that won't leak. I've tried plastic, nylon and copper and they all drip. The sealing surface on the pan is fine and so is the plug. I've been looking at the steel/rubber ones but would like some input before I waste any more time and cash.
Thanks All.

AN900-xx crush washer. XX being the ID diameter in 16ths. So an AN900-10 has an ID of 10/16ths or 5/8ths.

My Slant 6 pan was always dripping ever so slightly when it had a copper crush washer on. The last time I had it out I put on a softish rubber washer that was maybe 1/8" thick and squashable. That seemed to do the trick. I just found it in my hardware box.

copper and reef the sucker down tight

If the mating surfaces are really flat than the problem has to be the plug to pan thread fit. If this s a pan that has seen a lot of oil changes than the pan threads may be worn. Solution is to either the pan or use an oversize threaded drain plug.

1709594573885.png
Available in different sizes.

If the mating surfaces are really flat than the problem has to be the plug to pan thread fit. If this s a pan that has seen a lot of oil changes than the pan threads may be worn. Solution is to either the pan or use an oversize threaded drain plug.

you're right you know..jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back