• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom oil pan for the Hellcat Dart

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Local time
3:06 AM
Reaction score
Another project I did for that same car is the oil pan sump. The pan is a custom unit built by the original builder but it developed a leak so I was tasked to remove it and fix the leak. Upon investigation, I saw that the pan had a second plate welded to the bottom to apparently seal a leak in the original bottom. ...And it still leaked. And now you have two pan bottoms forming a sandwich with oil in between. There is no easy repair solution so I decided to think out of the box and design a billet pan sump with integral baffle and a Hellcat logo to top it off (or bottom if you will). The actual CAD work is by my buddy Jim, former coworker at Berkeley Lab. The CNC was done by a talented fabricator who I went to HS with. Greg Westbury. I only stood over Jim's shoulder providing the design features and ideas and he put it down. With the cut pan in hand, very careful measurements were performed to ensure a perfect fit prior to welding. I also added a locating feature to serve as a weld prep. No issues at all thanks to Jim's attention to the details. I welded it and to this day still no leaks! Since this is a CNC part, there is a file (pan botton only) and duplicates can be made for anyone interested. Pricing of course will depend on quantity.

2021-12-15 14.08.28.jpg

2021-12-15 18.07.02 (Large).jpg

2021-12-17 18.07.37.jpg

2021-12-18 18.57.15.jpg

2021-12-19 10.03.52.jpg

2021-12-27 07.14.26 (Large).jpg

Nice millwork & pan :thumbsup:

'Westberry' name sounded familiar,
his dad owned a place in Concord that did alignments IIRC (?)

Auto Transport Service
Back