• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oil pressure gauge issue

clazar

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:46 AM
Reaction score
1970 Ralley dash on a RR. Been having issues with either no oil pressure showing on the gauge or it pegs past 80 lbs. I am on the third sending unit and no change. Decided to change the gauge itself. Still nothing. I also have the RTE voltage limiter. And the wiring is 10 yr old M&H. I need some ideas.

1970 Ralley dash on a RR. Been having issues with either no oil pressure showing on the gauge or it pegs past 80 lbs. I am on the third sending unit and no change. Decided to change the gauge itself. Still nothing. I also have the RTE voltage limiter. And the wiring is 10 yr old M&H. I need some ideas.
Did you ever run it with a mechanical gauge as I suggested several times?

Ok and what does it read when the factory gauge is acting up?
The factory gauge is pretty much zero or 80. A few times the factory gauge reads 60 then drops to zero. The mechanical gauge is 80 cold & then drops to appx 40-50 when hot.

So the mechanical is showing good pressure when the factory gauge is not. As long as that is true at least the engine is not at fault. What sending units are you buying?

You're not buying a regular pancake style sender (for an idiot light) vs the proper can style variable for a rally cluster?

So the mechanical is showing good pressure when the factory gauge is not. As long as that is true at least the engine is not at fault. What sending units are you buying?
I'm buying the correct ones. I know that for sure.

Definetely the correct ones.
The new oil sending units are junk,same problem on my Bee says 5 psi all the time. . I run a mechanical gauge so I know the PSI.

What is the part number?
I've been buying the last 2 of them from someone on ebay. He says they are made in the USA. But I know they are the correct ones.

Could the RTE voltage limiter be a possible problem ( 10 yrs old ). The rest of the gauges seem to work fine.

Correct gold color plating as original from MOPAR.......Not a low quality, low price silver colored one made in twain.

Note, Teflon tape applied to threads already to prefent leaks.

Please Note,.......NOT for cars with warning light lamp or idiot light.

...... @Kern Dog ..... :poke: :lol: "Made in twain" & prefent leaks. Sellers should be making sure they are the ones who don't sound like 'Idiot lights" :lol:

I bet that seller has saled these by the boatload. :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back