• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OIL TOO ClEAN?

cwhubb

Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
This sounds strange but... Is there such a thing as oil being too clean? I ran the car with about a qt of kerosene in the crank case to clean out some antifreeze that left the oil a little milky, between that and 5 oil changes the oil looks absoulutly clear on the chrome dipstick, it still has viscosity but it is colorless. I still get great oil pressure but I'm wondering if theres a glitch in the oiling system I put 10 miles on the engine since cleaning it and it's still gin clear, the engine has just a bit ove 5,100 miles on it

Drive it some more, it'll dirty up for you. ;)

my oils is still clean amber colour after 1500 miles, brand new engine though done 4000 miles all up, give it some more time mate, as long as oil pressure is good all should be sweet

Mine comes out same color as it goes in. I change oil yearly, car is parked for 6 months at a time.

Auto Transport Service
Back