• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok electrical gurus.....check this one out....

Koosh, This is a 69 floor shift column (no orange lamp lead). These is the very reason I take pictures. If you notice the Black, partially inserted wire, it is in the wrong position. It belongs in the opposite empty position. I probably started and decided to take a picture before I went any further.
View attachment 665119
That is great info! But where is this connector?

The picture shows you where the connector is in relation to the column. The arrow points to a piece of channel which is fastened to the column with small screws and protects the wires.

column.JPG

Thanks again!

Ok fellas, wanted to say, once again, this forum is great for all us rookies......new harness installed----all lights working perfectly!!!!! Thanks for all the help.
Going to start up yet another electrical thread, as i been noticing whenever i remove tbe positive battery cable to work on electrical issues, when i go to reinstall positive cable, i get an arc, which i believe something is drawing current?
Nothing is on in the car, gonna need help on how to find it?

Here's a tip to eliminate at least part of you electrical system quickly. Pull all the fuses. If it doesn't arc, replace the fuses one at a time until you get an arc and start diagnosing that specific circuit. If it still arcs with all fuses removed, the issue is somewhere else in you electrical system that is not fused.
Sometimes you never know like replacing the battery terminal with the door open.

Auto Transport Service
Back