• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ok you guys asked for it!!!!!!

You know bro, you should with no problems as the flywheel/converter is already bolted to the motor. The tranny input shaft slides onto the converter.

In theory you could but I wouldn't. The flex plate is not very rigid (hence the name) and things might get out of whack really quick if the converter is not supported by the pump bushing.

Sounds like a semi collapsed lifter or flexplate bolt.. sounded less prominent in the second vid like maybe its wearing down hitting less hard or maybe the lifter got some oil to it

sounded less prominent in the second vid like maybe its wearing down hitting less hard or maybe the lifter got some oil to it
It did seem to settle down after awhilebut still there. We will be working on it more this week to see if we can nail down it's location. A couple buds I work with seem to think that it's either a band or something in the valve body. Hopefully the new sethoscope will help pinpoint.

I went with a SFI flex plate from Mancini Racing in my 70. Just seemed like a good idea at the time. I compared it to the stocker and noticed the SFI one being way more ridged.

Auto Transport Service
Back