• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

old family photos

Mom, Dad, Dad's parents, and my oldest brother (21 years older than me)......... and one of Pop's Navy pictures

28 Straub, Jack 6 months, Charleston, SC.jpg

66 1941, 2-15 Panama City, Panama.jpg

we need a "post a picture of a car from the year you were born" thread :poke:

that'll make us all feel old

Really enjoying this thread. Love old photos, including photos of people who I don't even know and their families! :) I just think they are interesting and provide a unique - as opposed to commercial/media shots - look into the past.
Being very computer-ly challenged, I have very few that have been scanned and are 'postable'. [as opposed to gone potal...] But years ago, a good friend made this video for me of a few family photos. A couple are probably too new for this thread - the newest image being approximately 30 years old of my mom and dad standing in front of one of my Grandma's old houses - and its a video as opposed to a photo per Topic heading, but its a video OF photos... However, should this not fit, feel free to advise and I will delete.

Really enjoying this thread. Love old photos, including photos of people who I don't even know and their families! :) I just think they are interesting and provide a unique - as opposed to commercial/media shots - look into the past.
Being very computer-ly challenged, I have very few that have been scanned and are 'postable'. [as opposed to gone potal...] But years ago, a good friend made this video for me of a few family photos. A couple are probably too new for this thread - the newest image being approximately 30 years old of my mom and dad standing in front of one of my Grandma's old houses - and its a video as opposed to a photo per Topic heading, but its a video OF photos... However, should this not fit, feel free to advise and I will delete.

excellent presentation....... thanks

Damn near brought a tear to my eye... that you leaning on the '70 Runner mid video?

Damn near brought a tear to my eye... that you leaning on the '70 Runner mid video?
Starts your allergies too? :)
Yes, that be I, first day of school, fall 76. Mom took a photo of me on the first day and the last day of every school year from 1st grade all thru high school.

Last edited:

Wonderful. Thank you. :)

My mother in the mid-late 1950s at the lake house in NH.

IMG_7903.jpeg

And my grandfather (mother’s side) in the early-mid 70’s.

IMG_7904.jpeg

Not a family photo, but this is the small town in NH where our palatial lakefront retreat is located. The garage is gone, but the restaurant is still there.

IMG_7900.jpeg

Then ....
IMG_7901.jpeg

Now ...
1703064464216.jpeg

Last edited:
me 1975
View attachment 1575209

Grammie
View attachment 1575210

Grammie Granddad & Aunt Joan & my dad (youngest) 1938-ish
View attachment 1575211
nephew I raised after graduation
View attachment 1575212

my 2 older sisters & me (like 5 y/o)
View attachment 1575213
my niece I raised, 11 y/o Miss Pre-teen Alaska
View attachment 1575214

Uncle Tink, like 20 y/o (he was a WWII & Korean wars, Marine officer & Vietnam war Army Green Beret vet/col.)
& my dad circa 1938-ish
View attachment 1575215

family collage, bros sisters nieces nephews dad, ranch & animals, dad shoveling snow
View attachment 1575217

sisters Great Grammie, family on the river, aunt & dad in a hosre & buggy on Uncle Tinks place
center bottom dad after HS graduation etc.
View attachment 1575218

kids nieces nephews brother fish in hand, old 1960 family photo, lake/river property, dad in the 70's
BIL jail = Taco, Rip Frank
View attachment 1575220
8th photo down... do I see a pig in there?

Looks like a pig, but can't comment due to the NAVAL OFFICER in the family, as a enlisted man (82-88) I really don't want to be keel halled & thrown in da brig

:lol:

I've asked my wife to find where the old
albums are stashed. Meantime, I thought I
would post this photo of me in my first Mopar!
(yeah, yeah, I know, but try squinting a bit)
DSC04133.JPG

Check out the 3 on the tree shifter.
Taken in early 1965 by my Dad. That's
Grandads 2 door Comet wagon in the
background.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back