• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old magazine articles

Longram330

Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
Hi
I've come across a number of articles about the '63 Dodge 426 Drag test using Bill Maverick's Taxi Cab yellow '63 , the '63 Dodge Polara (Road test with the 383) and an early '62 that shows an engine shot of an engineering test mule with what appears to be a handmade cross ram etc. Can I copy these articles and post them on this website? I think the articles would be of some interest to the Max wedge guys and perhaps add some interesting back round to the Short/Long Ram discussions. The magazines are November and June 1962 Issues of Car Life with one March 1963 Car Life. The Car Life magazine has been defunct for many years but I believe the parent company Bond publishing is still around in some form. I have a large library of vintage car mags , I had forgotten about these articles until I went to check on some under hood details for my car. I'm not up on copy right laws except for the "fair use" clause but because I would like to copy the whole article I don't think fair use applies. Can you folks advise please?
Thanks!

I don't think they are in business anymore - I'm not a copyright attorney but posting an article probably isn't going to be a problem

i’m sure it would be very interesting to many on this site ! i hope it happen s !!!

I have a bunch of old magazine drive tests that would be interesting to post. I am no computer genius, so am not sure how to go about it. Maybe somebody could guide me through the process.

Sounds like the possible making of a new forum?:popcorn2:

Hi Let's not get to excited yet , I dug around a bit more, amazingly enough my brother in law used to work for an engineering firm and was involved in assigning copyrights (sorry to even bug you guys as I had the answer at my door step)! Copyrights last up to 75 years after the passing of the author and /or the initial distributor of the authors work (printer). The best I can do is present no more than 10% of the original work. I need to get in touch with the holder of the copyright and ask permission to reproduce the entire article on this website! Since this website can be seen world wide we have to cover our butts so...I'm going to do that ! Once I get the required permission I'll post the articles. It's a bummer but in todays world I don't need a copy right lawyer on my trail! My apologies but I'm on it!

Hi Let's not get to excited yet , I dug around a bit more, amazingly enough my brother in law used to work for an engineering firm and was involved in assigning copyrights (sorry to even bug you guys as I had the answer at my door step)! Copyrights last up to 75 years after the passing of the author and /or the initial distributor of the authors work (printer). The best I can do is present no more than 10% of the original work. I need to get in touch with the holder of the copyright and ask permission to reproduce the entire article on this website! Since this website can be seen world wide we have to cover our butts so...I'm going to do that ! Once I get the required permission I'll post the articles. It's a bummer but in todays world I don't need a copy right lawyer on my trail! My apologies but I'm on it!
You could probably find them already online at this site:
Car Life : The Complete Collection – Auto-Archives

Had written a few magazine and trade journal articles and even being the author was told by our corporate lawyer to get their permission before making copies for distribution. Later on, I just handed them around making sure the magazine/publisher was on the copy. I never could quite figure out the logic on some of these copyright laws. If the publisher/author is noted for credit, what’s the hassle? It’s free advertising for them. How many times have we heard of lawsuits where the offended party got a lot of publicity making money from it? On the music side, read that Elvis and Sinatra made the top-ten billboard again from their Christmas tunes.

On a side note, having tons of ancient magazines, the PO won’t allow media-mail cuz they have ADS in them. I reminded them the magazines are 50+ years old with ads for Winston cigarettes and the like. Nope…they are still ads...

Auto Transport Service
Back