• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your opinion on Patina?

that's a great looking green. I would leave as-is as well. What color code green is that?
Thank you. The car was built F4 light green metallic, which has a slight lime-gold tint to it compared to the car now. It was repainted at some point (I'm guessing late 70s/early 80s, since it's still single-stage) with a cheap Earl Sheib spray, for some reason. I think there may be a hint of bondo over the drivers rear wheel - maybe they scraped a garage door or something. The panel inside the trunk is straight, so whatever it was, was more "scrape" than "dent". And, every panel is original - it all has the original paint on the backside, and all the original hardware.

There's a half dozen thumb-smudges on the driver door jamb where they were trying to match the color - and couldn't. My guess is, they couldn't get the color right so instead of painting just the damage, they taped and sprayed the whole car. It's close...but definitely a more blue-green than the F4. Hard to tell looking at it, until I open a door, or the trunk, or the hood, where the original F4 is still clearly visible and you can compare the two shades.

Man, took you long enough to chime in :poke: . LOL
Thought of you several times throughout this thread.
Hope all is well man :thumbsup:
I got a tad busy retiring from the Marine Corps, also started building a 65 f100, so I haven't been on here in while
that light patina with the black hood looks bitchin'. We need photos of the motor!
Is the suspension stock or??
3in lift springs in the rear, I ended moving the rear axle back 3/4", 1.03 torsion bars factory front suspension new rubber bushings.

20230604_165340.jpg

20230604_165333.jpg

20230604_165349.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back