• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OLD SCHOOL PHOTO's

O.K., here's one thats WAY old my Dad took in '48.
It's not a Mopar, anyone care to guess what this is :)

img032.jpg

My 70 GTX

Here are some photos taken in 1982 from a previous owner of my 70 GTX. The last photo is when I picked it up in 2001. Looked exactly the same as in 1982 except the wheels.

1982 70 GTX1.jpg

1982 70 GTX2.jpg

1982 70 GTX3.jpg

1982 70 GTX4.jpg

pic-2.jpg

68 Charger R/T

Here is my Charger where it was located in a barn back in the early 80's. It is a numbers matching car.:)

Pside_barn.jpg

Engine_Barn.jpg

SteeringWHeel_Barn.jpg

So what is the story on the photo?

It's believed that the car was from PA & in the Buffalo area for display purposes. The accident happened outside of East Aurora NY on route 16 about a mile from our family farm. They went out & passed another car & lost control into this tree. The wrecker actually pulled the car in half getting it off the tree, the men were not hurt in the accident though...
When I contacted the Tucker Club in the late 90's, they determined that it was #18 as it has the vented hubcaps only used on the first 25 cars. Of the 3 that no longer exist, #18 was the only early build of the 3.
My Dad was playing baseball at the one room schoolhouse across the street from the accident site, and happened to have a camera with him & got the shot.

Auto Transport Service
Back