• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OMG the Pikes Peak Intl. Hillclimb was miserable.

SteveSS

Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
It hasn't really rained much in Colorado this summer but when it does get rainy it gets cold. At this elevation the sunshine is everything. As a volunteer, I had to be halfway up the mountain at 1:30 am this morning. Visibility was terrible. It was like being inside a rain cloud with an air temperature of 34 degrees. We got all the spectators up the mountain before 7:00 am. It was completely sold out this year since it was the 100th running of the race. Even wearing my North Face gear I was freezing and wet. I snapped a few pictures for you guys and got home and crawled under the covers. Although there were plenty of celebrities at the race they were all tucked away in their trailers. There's always a big Porsche club contingent but this year they had a ton of Acuras, featuring the new Integra. The last photo was from Devil's Playground. One thing to note is if you go up past the starting line pre-race, pre-dawn there is NO coming down until EVERYTHING is over.

pp2.jpg
pp5.jpg
pp4.jpg
pp3.jpg
pp.jpg
devils.png

Last edited:
well for the drivers I bet its a blast,sorry you froze your butt off. Hope you had fun.

Auto Transport Service
Back