• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On a diet

Mine came with the Detroit acid dip.
Doug
B22.jpg

So you are a lightweight also how cool is that.

Doug your front seat are out of a Honda what type like the light weight frames

anybody work with VFN fiberglass.

I have purchased a Pin On Hood and a 5" Hemi Style Scoop from Glastech.
I recently purchased a Pin On Deck Lid from Sled City,
both for my 1966 Coronet.
The quality and workmanship from BOTH of these suppliers was top notch and I was happy with the parts.

—-
My 5” Hemi scoop is from VFN. It went ok, was a pretty decent piece. The contour didn’t match the hood to start with. The attachment studs seemed light to me to start with too.

Malex, my 64 will be more street car with the idea of racing it on the track now and then.plus take it to cruise spots. But following you and a few others I am getting the suspension set up and then have a mild 440 with 500 hp. You have done a great job on your ride. You can race it, show it or just cruise it. What you have is my goal. If I get mine half as good as yours I will be thrilled. This will be my last go round and I can't thank you and a few other members enough sharing your ups and downs. What to do what not to do. I am praying that you really hit your magic number and really hope it even goes faster. Thank you again and keep going your magic is about to happen for you.
---
Bearman your car will turn out just fine I'm sure. The old saying though that a good street car is a poor race car and vise versa is true. Make your plan and stick to it.
If you end up like me though, your end result goals will change once you get there. I said early on that if I got somewhere around a mid 10 second car I would be more that happy. What changed for me is that now I'm after a consistent 10.0 car. Just about there.

malex, i want to thank you for your wisdom and mind thought you are correct a good street car is a poor mans race car and that would be me. as mentioned before this will be my last ride and want to enjoy the car shows and swap meets. but i am following your build and doug and a couple others which brings me to this point. i am building a street car with all the race goodies on it. if all works the way it should and life doesn't get in the way it will end up on the track. but want some street time with it also. the reason i was asking about vfn was they have glass front fenders that i'm looking at and glassteck has the hood so this would make the diet on the car really nice. but can't afford to buy junk it needs to be good stuff and the bumpers are great a little prep work and ready for paint which again i thank you for the heads up. i'm spending a lot of time with building a good foundation and then put the power plant together seems to me that getting the suspension and weight control is what needs to be done first. what you and doug and couple other guys have done is built a beautiful race cars leaving nothing overlooked and with the detail you guys have done makes it that much more better for me. you have and will have a steady 10.00 second car but i feel after watching, learning from you and others that 9 second will be in your pocket. after watching your last few launches and reviewing others you are really getting on it. i still wish could see the launches from under neath the car to see how everything is hooking up. thank you for any advise you can give me and remember the only thing between you and your goal is will power.

I have purchased a Pin On Hood and a 5" Hemi Style Scoop from Glastech.
I recently purchased a Pin On Deck Lid from Sled City,
both for my 1966 Coronet.
The quality and workmanship from BOTH of these suppliers was top notch and I was happy with the parts.
just found the front fenders for my ride at vfn fiberglass and glasstech has the hood. my diet is looking better all the time. its funny that the dodge 64 seems to be a bit harder to find parts for like can't find a deck lid and yet the plymouth has all kinds of stuff out there. but i will find what i need. have decided to keep rear side windows up and remove the hardware more diet. want the car as light as i can get it. need some advise on trans brake or just line lock.

You can give sled city a call and see if they can get you the fiberglass parts you need

You can give sled city a call and see if they can get you the fiberglass parts you need
I just received my pin on fiberglass deck lid for my 66 Coronet from Larry at Sled City and the quality was just fine, no complaints. Shipping showed up with no damage also. All the way from Ohio to California.

just found the front fenders for my ride at vfn fiberglass and glasstech has the hood. my diet is looking better all the time. its funny that the dodge 64 seems to be a bit harder to find parts for like can't find a deck lid and yet the plymouth has all kinds of stuff out there. but i will find what i need. have decided to keep rear side windows up and remove the hardware more diet. want the car as light as i can get it. need some advise on trans brake or just line lock.
Well, you need a line lock whether or not you have a trans brake or not.
I recently upgraded my tranny to a complete A&A Transmission complete with their Trans Brake. I push the button and the transmission LOCKS, no creeping, no nothing. I have a 3600 chip tied to the trans brake. Pop the button and GO.
I have a 6AL box, non digital, with a msd 3-STEP box plugged into the 6AL.
One chip is at 5000 rpm for the water box, One chip is 3600 rpm for my trans brake and the 3rd chip is 7000 rpm for top end limiter.
I pull up to the water box, set the line lock (activating the 5000 rpm chip) put it in 2nd gear and floor it for about 3 seconds and then shift it into 3rd gear for a couple more seconds....with the chip holding the rpm's to 5000, then release the line lock button and then burn out of the water box to clean off the tires.
I am sure this is pretty common practice, just relaying it for you.

thank you, this just went into book of notes. also thanks for ign setup cause i haven't bought one yet but the setup reads good again thank you

Sorry to HiJack, but on topic...... How much weight is a B-Body hood and bumper swap worth? I’m talking from complete stock hardware, to a fiberglass hood, front bumper, and lightweight brackets such as Mike showed us earlier in this thread.

lemonwedge, i can say this a complete front end made of glass with glass bumber weights less than my steel bumper by itself. the steel bumper on a 64 is heavy. i will way it out and let you know.

The weights of stock 64 parts; hood 58, deck lid 58, hood hinges 13, front bumper 23, rear bumper 25, all bumper brackets 25. Loss depends on what the replacements weigh.
Doug

I’m going to assume (for my hijack purposes) that 64 sheet metal and 67 sheet metal is in the same general neighborhood, weight-wise.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back