• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

On a diet

Just want to give malex a big shout out and thank you. Putting my 64 440 on a diet and malex sent me over to aar fiberglass for bumpers. Well they showed up today and were in great shape. Just got to prep for paint now going to make up some aluminum brackets and the old girl is starting to loose some weight. Thank you again malex.
---
You are very welcome Bearman. Good luck with your weight reduction!

Now you've gone down the worm hole. You would be amazed at how much weight you can pull. Mine is all steel including bumpers, except hood. Two batteries, mega block, caged from nose to tail. 3110 w/o me dry. 3340 ready to race full fuel.
Doug
Doug 3110 That's just crazy ! what are some of the biggest weight saving's

Doug 3110 That's just crazy ! what are some of the biggest weight saving's
chrome moly cage, Lexan windows (except windshield) , moly tube steering shaft, moly tube strut rods, center core support, lower fender braces, K-frame chopped. Aluminum rad, fuel cell and brackets, seat mounts, drive shaft. Carbon fiber bumper brackets. Magnesium framed seats. Removed; window regulators, misc brackets, all wiper stuff, blower motor, factory cluster, factory wiring, hood hinges & latches, all undercoating (even inside 1/4 panels to the doorjambs). What it has that is still heavy: all factory steel, steel bumpers, Mega Block, 2 batteries, fire system, dual late model Challenger fans, truck Dana 60, old style American 200S wheels. Car doesn't appear "chopped up"
Doug
DSC_3691.JPG
DSC_3629.JPG

chrome moly cage, Lexan windows (except windshield) , moly tube steering shaft, moly tube strut rods, center core support, lower fender braces, K-frame chopped. Aluminum rad, fuel cell and brackets, seat mounts, drive shaft. Carbon fiber bumper brackets. Magnesium framed seats. Removed; window regulators, misc brackets, all wiper stuff, blower motor, factory cluster, factory wiring, hood hinges & latches, all undercoating (even inside 1/4 panels to the doorjambs). What it has that is still heavy: all factory steel, steel bumpers, Mega Block, 2 batteries, fire system, dual late model Challenger fans, truck Dana 60, old style American 200S wheels. Car doesn't appear "chopped up"
DougView attachment 638830 View attachment 638831
Doug great looking car, your right doesn't look cut up at all ! actually looks original Badass car foresure !!

Doug great looking car, your right doesn't look cut up at all ! actually looks original Badass car foresure !!
---
Agreed! Doug had his eye on the prize when he built that gorgeous 64.

That would be great.
-- Bearman, what is your goal for your 64? I ask because thinking about my car I ended up doing a lot of things twice.

@dvw you said you removed the regulators and installed Lexan, how are you working the door glass? Sliders?
That is one beautiful ride!!!!
Thanks

Malex, my 64 will be more street car with the idea of racing it on the track now and then.plus take it to cruise spots. But following you and a few others I am getting the suspension set up and then have a mild 440 with 500 hp. You have done a great job on your ride. You can race it, show it or just cruise it. What you have is my goal. If I get mine half as good as yours I will be thrilled. This will be my last go round and I can't thank you and a few other members enough sharing your ups and downs. What to do what not to do. I am praying that you really hit your magic number and really hope it even goes faster. Thank you again and keep going your magic is about to happen for you.

Oh so now you speak for many? Its a joke get over yourself. Uptight

No, I speak for myself, although I would hope others share that opinion. Bigots and racists always say it's a joke when they called on their crap.

Doug what a well built machine and the time slips to go with it. You and malex have put together two beautiful rides. Thank you for sharing your build and the advice it has helped me a lot.

Doug, I really like the way you did the dash board.

Back in my day, I heard of racers acid dipping their car bodies to lose wait, makes the metal thin.

Yep 64 hemi 330 sedan has one his car got a bath in acid to lighten it up that's how crazy the factory was back in the day. Can't find to many of them today. It's like trying to find the aluminum front end . but we now have the carbon fiber, plastic and all the other light weight stuff which will help in a big way.

Must have soaked it a little to long lol

bearman only my doors,fenders,hood and decklid were acid dipped. when I got the car the hood and decklid were bent from being dipped.

I think its so cool you have history like that. we are all building clones and yet you got the real deal. as i collect parts for my ride i'm always digging for that one piece that will make mine a little different. race hard and continue showing that great ride.

Auto Transport Service
Back