• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One of Those Days...

Bruzilla

Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
So Saturday I had catastrophic steering failure, which was no big deal to fix. Just replacing the nut/pin on the idle arm. What was a bigger deal was I saw the inner sides of my front tires had taken a lot of wear as a result of the steering loosening up, so I decided while Cooper Cobras are cheap to just get a new pair.

I went to Discount Tire and parked in their lot. Went inside and paid for my tires, and waited for work to begin. The tech went out to start the car and I saw a bloom of dark smoke come out from the tail pipe and then the engine stopped. Then he started it up again and it stopped. He got the car onto the lift, but it kept stalling.

He changed the tires, and then came in and said "Two things. I can't keep the engine running and you have a nail stuck in the sidewall of your rear tire. I went out to look and sure enough... there was another damn roofing nail from one of the new roof projects in our neighborhood stuck into the tread on the side of a nearly-new 255-60-15! I was pissed!

So he backs the car out, and I see more black smoke pop out, and hear the engine die unless he keeps more gas coming, and I'm like "vacuum leak". So I pop the hood, look around the carb, and there it is... the back vac port is open because the cap had popped off somehow. I got a new cap out of the console and put it on and now the stalls and smoke are gone, but I still have to deal with another damn roofing-nail-in-a-tire issue.

giphy.gif

That just sounds horrible and I feel legitimately bad for you. I hope the rest of this week goes much better for you.

Well I'll share my Monday with you. Wife calls me at work. Her ranger alternator failed and stranded her. I leave work to help with the tow. Waiting stopped at a red light and watch through the rear view mirror a guy in a $700 pos Buick texting and rear ends my grand marquise. Third rear end accident in 20 months with this car. Cops wouldn't come out and now I've got three weeks of phone calls ahead to convince his insurance to repair my car.

Well I'll share my Monday with you. Wife calls me at work. Her ranger alternator failed and stranded her. I leave work to help with the tow. Waiting stopped at a red light and watch through the rear view mirror a guy in a $700 pos Buick texting and rear ends my grand marquise. Third rear end accident in 20 months with this car. Cops wouldn't come out and now I've got three weeks of phone calls ahead to convince his insurance to repair my car.
Thank you for making me feel better. :)

sorry to hear that guys I feel your pain :(

Hahaha this guy starts a thread to let people know how bad his day has been, and we turn it into a game of thrones thread.... Shame on us

Seems that when **** goes wrong it always comes in tidal waves & aftershocks.

sorry Bru we all have some bad days some worse and some not keep the faith :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back