• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One thing you could change @ Mother MOPAR

I wish they had put the Turbine cars into production. Talk about innovation. That was some seriously cool engineering by the Chrysler Engineers.

I wish they had put the Turbine cars into production. Talk about innovation. That was some seriously cool engineering by the Chrysler Engineers.
yes those were cool as hell

I was only about 4 when they came out thou

One of my all time favorite MoPars
63 Chrysler Ghia Turbine Fury 200 made 4 left #5 1998.jpg

Too many dealership techs were just draining the fluid and not changing out the filter on the cars with drain plug so the factory stopped doing it....plus it saved them a couple of bucks per unit to not do it.

Never had a problem with window cranks on a Mopar....are you sure you're not thinking GM? :D

For some reason, Corvettes seemed very difficult for me to work on and even the every day cars gave me more problems than any Mopar ever did as far as working on them goes. Black thumbs lol

All the new cars are that way....and is one of the reasons I don't want one.

For my little tid bit of a complaint.....

My biggest complaint was with the B bodies that had the flip up glove box lid. Who in their right mind came up with that asinine idea!!?? All the other things listed here were very easily tolerated but that stoooooopid pos was the most idiotic thing ever. My very first ride in a 69 road runner showed me just how dumb it was when my buddy power shifted 2nd gear and the thing opened it's mouth and puked it's contents on me. Just glad there wasn't anything real heavy in it's gut like a gun or something. After all, this is Texas :D
Ha ha ha if there was a heavy item in the glove box it would have fallen through that flimsy cardboard Mopar called a glovebox. Cardboard really? GM never did that I don’t think. That’s cheap as sh$&! Lol

Ha ha ha if there was a heavy item in the glove box it would have fallen through that flimsy cardboard Mopar called a glovebox. Cardboard really? GM never did that I don’t think. That’s cheap as sh$&! Lol
Well, a gun ain't all that heavy usually lol and the cardboard was pretty tough when the cars were fairly new. Heck, the one in my 66 was still real good all the way until 98....

Ron H,just checked my replys,sorry hit wrong response.
I'll pay more attention next time

Ron H,just checked my replys,sorry hit wrong response.
I'll pay more attention next time
No problemo, some guys get a bit miffed when da red X shows up with no splaining what the disagree is all about. Not me though...aha...lol. Thanks

Regarding the window cranks, 68 was the first year of the big black rubber knob. Of course mandated by the Government, the would break off on a regular basis. They were so supposed break off in an accident so you wouldn't sustain an injury. My 68 RR had several replacements. The answer was buy 67 knobs they were a chrome knob and didn't break off in your hand. Eventually they got them right rubber ones right.

I haven't seen many break.

Yeah but how many of you bought brand new 68 Road Runners in 68? I was a victim of that problem with my Road Runner in 68. Eventually they corrected the problem. My RR was a Jan. 68 build, so pretty much 68 was the problem year.

No wheels narrower than 7".

If you think about it Chrysler was a head of the times in a lot of ways many would try to copy them in any way possible. At the time I really feel as if the lifespan of a new car was 5 years, now I would say 7-8. All manufacturers have issues, electrical, poor design flaws in drive lines, body issues usually don’t show up for 5 years. I always admired mopar and the designs and ideas they had... speaking of issues German stuff really stinks the worst as far as durability, serviceability in my opinion... try to keep fluids in a BMW is not fun and the fuel injection on Jags really stink and the gremlins in a Benz electrical system makes all of the big three pretty darn peachy!

I'd tell them to put a little more effort into the interiors 68-70. Pre 68 it's mostly painted metal and chrome (beautiful) then post 70 they had nicely molded plastic dashes and door panels but 68-70... the dash looks like a piece of Swiss cheese with pillows bolted all of them:eek:.

I wouldn't change tell them to change a thing; they did it right, from start to finish. I would've bought a ford or GM if that wasnt the case...
100 % no one can do it all correct. They would not be a part of us if they did it different.

Mopar had their quirks but scroll down through this list of Chrysler Corp. firsts. Many/most are still being used today. https://www.allpar.com/corporate/technology.html
I also thought 3 on the tree was also theirs - all cars in 39 - now it was easy to get that third passenger in the front seat. I know it was in the hand out and advertising "stuff" I had for my 39 Plymouth P-8 Coupe.

I know this is a more modern item, but should never have made the latest generation Charger a 4 door! A 4 door? Sorry, guys and girls. :wtf:
Also AGREE same car same "stuff" but if ya wanted a older name they had a lot to choose from - that actually had a history as a four door. I DO NOT OWN FOUR DOORS!!!!! Have never will never. Except as what we called "winter rats".

All cars with the Hemi being standard equipment :thumbsup:
I don't know about that? It didn't breath well under 2200, especially idle. They can be worked with. But the 440's could do it all on the street, Except MAX OUT PUT, 4500 and up. The hemi lived for the foot on the "MAT"! Once they get to singing - there's nothing better. But on the street I could kill them every time. Trick was " sure lets drive to _____ and race there. Get them all choked up, especially if owner didn't play with them. They would lay down and struggle coming out of the "box". Just make sure you knew who it was!!!! Cause if they new it "quirks" you were dead, but it was always OK cause it was the King of our Family anyway. Neighbor in my area owner a "construction co." owned a 2 door 68 Imperial in yellow, had a hemi in it, was his daily driver. MR. LEONARD

How about do something different with the ballast resistor. Maybe something more durable and also do something with the fusible link. Another problem spot.
But a spare one in the "glove box" and you will NEVER need it.

Auto Transport Service
Back