• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One thing you could change @ Mother MOPAR

/

I second that one. I've said it often after closing the door on NIKKI..... Another tinny Dodge... Bet the wife has heard it a hundred times
I don't think it was door that made the noise but it's the window "stuff" inside rattling around ya hear. Wow that was stupid - just read what I said. That "stuff" is in the door and would not rattle unless "closed forcefully". "Old Fart"

In the early 50’s they did a goofy expanding disc inside of a pancake drum deal. Wouldn’t want to service that!

This is something new. My new Durango has all the bells and whistles, but I don't like getting emails telling me how much air is in my tires, how many miles are on my vehicle, 12 point inspection through the computer of the vehicle and how long before my next oil change. That's intrusive and scary. Do they know where I go and when?.. WTF.
Ya but if ya got it with the SRT labels they will never catch ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for so many at a time but just catching up.
Here's my only one that I have, It is what is being done NOW, and it looks like it isn't going away. I ( we??) need some help from the truck guys. I have a 2002 Dakota. Now a rust bucket but have owned it from new. Mostly my fault,did not wash it enough. I ride a motorcycle from March 15th till December 15th unless above 35 degrees and roads DRY( used to ride in single digits - but bike couldn't take it). So my Dakota has 80,000 miles of the worst crap mother nature can dish out. I live "upstate" NY, Waterford near Albany. So why wash it today roads will be the same tomorrow.
What i ordered and why: 02 Dakota, SLT to get the chrome bumpers and A/C, heavy duty suspension - cooling - rear diff. ( 9 inch). HD 5 spd. Manual ( they had two 5 spd's) 4.7 as the 360 forced an automatic, and in a Club Cab ( so had a place to lock personal items on any trip - no one has ever sat there. 6.5 foot box - long enough to put stuff in yet truck short enough for wife to handle. This combo gave me 10,000 lb gross towing, 360 auto- 9200 lb., 1500- 10,0000 lb but truck weighted near 1,000 more. It is capable of pulling my 16 ft. steel deck with my 66 on top. gets 21-23 actual but it's self. Took a trip with it back to college. towing the 66 - Waterford NY to Canton NY ( 20 mile from St. Lawrence River) through the Adirondack Mountains maintaining -where ever roads allowed - 60 + MPH ( so could keep it in 5th) got 15 MPG. Will do a quarter in 15.2, will see 100MPH in third gear - with two to go. Now all they build, and everyone else is four doors, 4-5 ft. boxes ( that you can't ever get a kids bicycle in and close the gate. I can get my 2014 Victory Cross Country in mine with the rear tire on the edge of the box, gate open.Now everything Starts at $35,000 4 foot box,4 doors, road maps on the dash, 5,000 lb weight, 15-17 mpg at best EMPTY. More bells and whistles then anyone can use, except when it comes time to say look at this "stuff" I got.
WHERE IS THE TRUCK IN THE TRUCK???????? I can make a 5.0 Mustang owner cry, passed one guy on that Adirondack trip - he'd do 60 on straights and 45 in turns ( killing my MPG) went by him in third at 80 in third gear Flow masters sounding off. Can live with a new automatic, 3 oo 4 doors as long as handles missing so looks like 2 door, and cab only club length. BUt need a 6.5 box at least so ya can put something in it.
Sorry get "winded".
Had to tow Curtis Lumber Sept 2011.JPG

Sorry for so many at a time but just catching up.
Here's my only one that I have, It is what is being done NOW, and it looks like it isn't going away. I ( we??) need some help from the truck guys. I have a 2002 Dakota. Now a rust bucket but have owned it from new. Mostly my fault,did not wash it enough. I ride a motorcycle from March 15th till December 15th unless above 35 degrees and roads DRY( used to ride in single digits - but bike couldn't take it). So my Dakota has 80,000 miles of the worst crap mother nature can dish out. I live "upstate" NY, Waterford near Albany. So why wash it today roads will be the same tomorrow.
What i ordered and why: 02 Dakota, SLT to get the chrome bumpers and A/C, heavy duty suspension - cooling - rear diff. ( 9 inch). HD 5 spd. Manual ( they had two 5 spd's) 4.7 as the 360 forced an automatic, and in a Club Cab ( so had a place to lock personal items on any trip - no one has ever sat there. 6.5 foot box - long enough to put stuff in yet truck short enough for wife to handle. This combo gave me 10,000 lb gross towing, 360 auto- 9200 lb., 1500- 10,0000 lb but truck weighted near 1,000 more. It is capable of pulling my 16 ft. steel deck with my 66 on top. gets 21-23 actual but it's self. Took a trip with it back to college. towing the 66 - Waterford NY to Canton NY ( 20 mile from St. Lawrence River) through the Adirondack Mountains maintaining -where ever roads allowed - 60 + MPH ( so could keep it in 5th) got 15 MPG. Will do a quarter in 15.2, will see 100MPH in third gear - with two to go. Now all they build, and everyone else is four doors, 4-5 ft. boxes ( that you can't ever get a kids bicycle in and close the gate. I can get my 2014 Victory Cross Country in mine with the rear tire on the edge of the box, gate open.Now everything Starts at $35,000 4 foot box,4 doors, road maps on the dash, 5,000 lb weight, 15-17 mpg at best EMPTY. More bells and whistles then anyone can use, except when it comes time to say look at this "stuff" I got.
WHERE IS THE TRUCK IN THE TRUCK???????? I can make a 5.0 Mustang owner cry, passed one guy on that Adirondack trip - he'd do 60 on straights and 45 in turns ( killing my MPG) went by him in third at 80 in third gear Flow masters sounding off. Can live with a new automatic, 3 oo 4 doors as long as handles missing so looks like 2 door, and cab only club length. BUt need a 6.5 box at least so ya can put something in it.
Sorry get "winded".
View attachment 985265

Looks like they are coming back out with the Dakota for next year. No idea if it only has a glovebox bed though. So far it's said no V-8 either. I gave in and got a Tacoma. 6-speed, decent V-6, 19 MPG 4 doors but looks like 2, real bed. Also got a '16 before all the nanny features came in to beep at me when I get near the edge of a lane or shut the freaking thing off when I stop.

Looks like they are coming back out with the Dakota for next year. No idea if it only has a glovebox bed though. So far it's said no V-8 either. I gave in and got a Tacoma. 6-speed, decent V-6, 19 MPG 4 doors but looks like 2, real bed. Also got a '16 before all the nanny features came in to beep at me when I get near the edge of a lane or shut the freaking thing off when I stop.
Ya I have been looking also. Mine just to ugly to look at. If new would do the Tacoma, SR5, 2WD, V6, ext cab, but it's only 6' box. Not frills just a truck. Closest I can get to my Dakota. They have no rust issues, at least the bodies, never seen a rusty one. Frames fell out, but that was supposed to be fix a few years ago. I just want to stay with the "FAMILY" but Fiat looks like they are making it impossible, now not even a hope till 2022. Most info makes it look like a Subaru Brat. And that's because they worry more about "world" sales Not us. If I do would be my first Import!

How about hiring the top 5 % of the electrical engineering graduate class instead of the bottom 5... I love Mopar but their electrical systems have always been problematic (60-70 cars specifically). The design/s were minimally adequate but their wire size choices were bad especially for high amperage areas. Also, the bulk head connector was/is a good idea but they really should have packed them more with dielectric grease.

when the Germans come knocking run them out of town on a rail.

Disagree... Mercedes Benz did more good for Chrysler than bad but I cannot say the same for Fiat.

I can’t say that about Benz being better for Chrysler, they did what they like to do, turn a company into a shell and hollow it out and leave it for dead.... they did it to several other companies, forced Chrysler to buy the Nag1 and emptied out the check book on day one...Benz vehicles are like BMW fun for the first 50 and the when the warranty runs out you better run.. merger of the equals is what is was called and really it was the death sentence of Chrysler.

Fiat has been riding the coat tails most of the time, barely coming out with any new models. Always wanting someone else to build their small cars so they can be rebadged in to whatever they want.. While the LX /LC platform and trucks have improved vastly we only have a couple cars with the Chrysler name plate... IMO Now fiat is set to cash out and make a but load and we get some watered down stuff again.

Get rid of the fake wood crap (71-74) on the door panel s !

Chevrolet 1965 Impala had a full perimeter frame. Ma should have paid attention...

Auto Transport Service
Back