• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One way for people to walk past your 66 Satellite at a car show....

I really like all B-bodies. I currently own two 74 Chargers and two 71 Challengers. Last month, I was in Virginia visiting my son. My wife mentioned to me as we left Walmart there was a gun/ammo shop across the road (I needed some .357 ammo). What caught my eye was the yellow 66 Plymouth B-body sitting out front. We were driving our 2015 Challenger Shaker with Washington plates. we pulled into the parking lot and of course I went right to the Plymouth. It was a beauty. It had a 426 wedge with crossram carbs. I asked the guy sitting on the porch if it was his and he said yes. We talked about his car and I looked it over and it was nicely done. I showed him photos of my cars and we shot the breeze for 20 minutes. Outside temp was in the 90s. He finally said let's go in and talk. As I was in first, the person at the counter asked what I needed. I asked about .357 ammo and she quickly replied, "we don't have any". The Plymouth owner said "what do you mean there isn't any?" He walked behind the counter and set a box of .357s on the counter. I bought two boxes. I think she saw my out of state plates and wasn't about to sell me any. Turns out the car owner was the gun shop owner. I was glad we struck up a conversation about his Plymouth. He invited me back any time I'm in the area. That's why I am always nice to the owners of old cars no matter the make. You never know plus I enjoy talking about cars as that's what I grew up with. Chevy, Ford Mopar and Pontiac.
Terry

I really like all B-bodies. I currently own two 74 Chargers and two 71 Challengers. Last month, I was in Virginia visiting my son. My wife mentioned to me as we left Walmart there was a gun/ammo shop across the road (I needed some .357 ammo). What caught my eye was the yellow 66 Plymouth B-body sitting out front. We were driving our 2015 Challenger Shaker with Washington plates. we pulled into the parking lot and of course I went right to the Plymouth. It was a beauty. It had a 426 wedge with crossram carbs. I asked the guy sitting on the porch if it was his and he said yes. We talked about his car and I looked it over and it was nicely done. I showed him photos of my cars and we shot the breeze for 20 minutes. Outside temp was in the 90s. He finally said let's go in and talk. As I was in first, the person at the counter asked what I needed. I asked about .357 ammo and she quickly replied, "we don't have any". The Plymouth owner said "what do you mean there isn't any?" He walked behind the counter and set a box of .357s on the counter. I bought two boxes. I think she saw my out of state plates and wasn't about to sell me any. Turns out the car owner was the gun shop owner. I was glad we struck up a conversation about his Plymouth. He invited me back any time I'm in the area. That's why I am always nice to the owners of old cars no matter the make. You never know plus I enjoy talking about cars as that's what I grew up with. Chevy, Ford Mopar and Pontiac.
Terry

WTF - .We don’t have any”?? Had to be a shun the West Coast attitude. You should have said I’ll also need 3 AR-15s with a 1000 rds of armour piercing ammo - And really watch her load her panties.

Just a personal thing of curiosity for me, but I'm always curious when someone gives a Red "X" Disagree reaction
to a post - so in this case, why did you @fuely62 ??
Did not mean to give red X, must have done by mistake. So sorry , please accept my apology.

Did not mean to give red X, must have done by mistake. So sorry , please accept my apology.
No worries at all sir - and of course, you can always go back and change it. :thumbsup:

I’ve had that same question on my 67 GTX many times - is it a 383? I don’t know what they think the 440 hood emblem and 440 pie pan on the air cleaner represent - maybe torque like some early GM cars put on their air cleaners.
I brought my '69 up to a little show (about 100 total cars) I was happy to see I was the only GTX. so did get some attention. But once again. The #1 inquiry and discussion? Was me explaining to a some what younger crowd the difference between GTX and GTO. Lol. (In case those who are not tired of seeing a quick walk around vid of car.)

I get a lot of comments about the pearlessence red interior color , usually from women .

And so on
That's when you reply to the ladies, you should feel it on the bare skin of your back! Lol. J/K

Mine's lesser than a Satellite, so it's a given that more will walk past mine.

View attachment 1311199
That's their loss too...

cool "near" survivor cars, are rare as hens' teeth
tons of restored cars, with tons of aftermarket sheet metal
'called original'
that 'are far from it'
(no harm no foul, it's their car)

but;
they're only original (or very near) once

That's when you reply to the ladies, you should feel it on the bare skin of your back! Lol. J/K
I'll try that sometime ... provided wife or daughter are not within ear shot.
THAT,,,,, might be a problem

Auto Transport Service
Back