• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinion poll on '65 Satellite paint Job

Color choice, pick one that when you go into the garage you don't think I wish I painted it ...
B5 maybe a little bright. I not a green car guy. No stripe.
Liked vinyl tops on these cars. Has anyone paint a roof black wrinkle semi-gloss finish? Can it be cleaned?

Last edited:
I've seen some roofs painted gloss black or gloss white. Haven't seen that yet. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has done it.

Going with era correct Medium Blue Poly, I will post pics when it is done!!

In my opinion no stripe. If it's really something you want to try do it in a decal. That way if you don't like it you can take it off. I'm also not a fan of the "wild" colors on the early stuff. Don't know why as I own a Panther Pink Challenger. As far as gloss and paint type. Lacquer is out. Lousy durability. Non metallic Urethane's work fine in single stage. Metallic's or pearls need to be base clear. Both will be high gloss. You can always add a small amount of flattening agent if you desire less gloss. Personally my choice was to find a late model pearl based color that mimicked an O.E. color. Instead of Turbine Bronze Sunburst Orange was chosen. The body was made way straighter than factory and we kept the gloss. The factory stuff never looked this good.
Doug

View attachment 370868

photo_1_(640x478).jpg columbus burnout.jpg

In my opinion no stripe. If it's really something you want to try do it in a decal. That way if you don't like it you can take it off. I'm also not a fan of the "wild" colors on the early stuff. Don't know why as I own a Panther Pink Challenger. As far as gloss and paint type. Lacquer is out. Lousy durability. Non metallic Urethane's work fine in single stage. Metallic's or pearls need to be base clear. Both will be high gloss. You can always add a small amount of flattening agent if you desire less gloss. Personally my choice was to find a late model pearl based color that mimicked an O.E. color. Instead of Turbine Bronze Sunburst Orange was chosen. The body was made way straighter than factory and we kept the gloss. The factory stuff never looked this good.
Doug

View attachment 370868

View attachment 370869 View attachment 370870

Always liked that car and color dvw. That is a color I'll keep in mind when I redo my Coronet. I like the metallic brown it currently is, it's different, but I really like dark blue and a deep burgundy too.

Auto Transport Service
Back