• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions on what this is worth...

Agree...too much for a 4 bbl car. "new $1,000 wood grain steering wheel " really?

For that kind of money in todays market it better at least be a point correct car which that is far from being. Don't get me wrong its nice and all but more like 25-28k nice... Not 45k nice.

how bad do you want it?
you can always wheel & deal an offer
$25, to $29,000....if it is as good as it looks!
more if it makes you smile.
...........you only live once.

It's been there a while and at that price I am not surprised.....I'm going to see how bad he wants to sell it.

It is a beautiful car and I would love to own it but...not in my lifetime.
That's more than a third of the cost of a nice 2000 sq ft house in a good neighborhood in the Fort Worth/Dallas area.

The 71 Monte Carlo 36000 original mile for 17K is the deal at that place.

In todays market thats a little high..Just saw a friend at the track on sunday...He has a 67 hemi belvedere for sale at 35,000...Period correct motor but not the original...I think thats a good buy..
Petty blue 67 gTx

Um, could you even get a 440-4 in a 70 RR?
I thought 1970 RR engines were 383-4, 440-6, 426.

Um, could you even get a 440-4 in a 70 RR?
I thought 1970 RR engines were 383-4, 440-6, 426.

Yes, you could. But you are likely overlooking HOW as most people do. The 1970 Superbird (a 1970 RR with the A13 package) had the 440-4 standard. However, that was the ONLY way you could get a 440-4 in a 1970 RR.

Some dealers back in the day converted Superbird cars to regular RRs in order to get them sold. Some of these cars have been found hiding their whole lives as a RR with a 440 that people either thought was a transplant or wondered how a 440-4 with the original V.I.N. stamped on there happened. Who knows, this car may be one of them. I doubt it though. The car is at a dealers lot. It might be worth investigating if someone is near. Although with the price of the nose and wing even if it was an original Superbird at that price you would be upside down as the 440-4 Superbirds are not that sought after.

One thing I didn't see in the advertisement is "numbers matching" (unless I missed it, which is possible). If it's not numbers matching, that price is too high for a hardtop. And I assume the 1K steering wheel is in a box, because what's on the car isn't worth 1K.

I would pay that for a 4 speed hemi car numbers matching all original parts air grabber that looked brand new with all the docs in perfect condition and the original spare never used lol

how bad do you want it?
you can always wheel & deal an offer
$25, to $29,000....if it is as good as it looks!
more if it makes you smile.
...........you only live once.

I agree with this.
However, it is a buyers market right now and everyone asks more than they expect to actually get. I'm betting you can get into it for around 30-32. Just let him know that there are plenty of other cars you may be interested in and that you will walk with no hesitation. Most salesman know that if you walk out, there's a 90% chance that they will never see you again.

High retail plus.....

Looking at this for my next purchase, but seems a little high in price. Opinions please..

Seems like around high retail plus 20%.

Things to concider.... Is the VIN engine code, (5th digit), a "U". (440 4 BBL).
Numbers matching engine and trans...? (Should match at that price).
Dash gages don't work.... electrical red flag.

A 70 Road Runner is pretty mainstream as far as Muscle Mopars go. I would suggest locating a private owner/seller who knows more about his cars history. Documentation can be important with these cars, more the better. Dealers buy most of there inventory at auctions and generally have no information,(or interest) in the cars history.
It looks like a nice car and if all is right then 28-32K

Thanks everybody..you just confirmed what i was thinking as well. Not worth what he is asking.....For the person that asked about the eng code in the vin--it's and "N" which is a 383 car.

He just got back to me....still looking to make a deal. I want to trade my 71 Challenger R/T 340, 4 speed, 3.23 Suregrip, matching numbers, #2 condition, all original metal. Very, very clean car..trying to decide what kind of deal to make. Not even sure if even swap is worth it--other than I want a RoadRunner....

The lighting was bad in the photo where the fender tag should be so I can't be 100% sure it isn't there. If it isn't, that is usually a red flag. Without it or the broadcast sheet you have no way of verfying that the options on the car are correct.

A missing fender tag always makes a car suspect in my mind and I wouldn't buy it unless the price was a lot lower. But that is just my opinion. Nice looking car though but likely misrepresented. Just because the engine matches doesn't make it right.

FIrst question I asked was about the tag..he says the car has it. I wouldn't even look at a car in that price range without it or the build sheet.

Auto Transport Service
Back