• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Options for replacement seat belts?

Montclaire

Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
I don't have $500 for a concours set of repop seat belts. The Paddock used to carry semi-custom sets that had an aircraft style buckle that were reasonable but they seem to be out of business. Where do you guys get your seat belts? I don't want to use originals because I know the webbing can dry rot after all these years and fray in an accident. Thanks in advance

Don't know your application. I am using the XVMotorsports 3 point system in the 69 Coronet.

IMO the repos would never pass for concours they would have to be excellent originals or NOS to be for a concours car. Originals that are not frayed and are still in good used condition should not fail in an accident you can tell if they are sun baked or weakening by inspecting them. There are cheaper new remakes on e-bay i have seen.
I don't have $500 for a concours set of repop seat belts. The Paddock used to carry semi-custom sets that had an aircraft style buckle that were reasonable but they seem to be out of business. Where do you guys get your seat belts? I don't want to use originals because I know the webbing can dry rot after all these years and fray in an accident. Thanks in advance

When The Paddock went out of business they were bought by Classic Industries. They have some generic belts for sale such as this:
http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/md646701.html

I agree with Moparparts. Those belts are made out of interweaved layers of nylon, not cotton, and they don't break down due to age. The color can fade due to sunlight destroying the pigments, but unless there's been some chemical or physical damage done to the belts, they'll last just about forever.

Yep, I also agree, if your originals are not damaged and just color faded, get a can of SEM, in the color you need, about 16 bucks at your auto parts store, wash your belts and spray the belts. I just did my shoulder belts because of slight color fade, and you cannot tell the difference between the original and the ones I sprayed.

If you got pics of your originals, post em up!

Auto Transport Service
Back