• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Organasol or not

I sprayed Organosol 23 years ago and never had a problem with upkeep. But, I did have a problem spraying it. It came out of the gun like cotton candy and laid down like it as well. I sprayed several layers, hoping it would liquify and spread - it never did. After it cured,I knocked it down with 3M’s Scotch-Brite pads and then rubbed reducer over it to remove the gray and bring it back to black.
IMG_4422.png
IMG_3977.png

I sprayed Organosol 23 years ago and never had a problem with upkeep. But, I did have a problem spraying it. It came out of the gun like cotton candy and laid down like it as well. I sprayed several layers, hoping it would liquify and spread - it never did. After it cured,I knocked it down with 3M’s Scotch-Brite pads and then rubbed reducer over it to remove the gray and bring it back to black.
View attachment 1556667View attachment 1556668
Yeah my father used to paint all kinds of HotRods, customs etc. I vaguely remember him fighting that stuff, had to DRILL out a nozzle on one of his old stainless guns just for Organisol. (Yours looks great, BTW)

Thanks, PPG DDL 9355. Pretty sure you can’t get it anymore. I have one quart left never opened.

see post 16 for a picture of it
Organasol or not
Would you wanna sell it? I inherited a modified 1972 "Spray gun" my father used to use back in the 70s to paint cars. (I also got to learn how to Spoon Lead) but cant say that.. LoL.

Looks really nice! My A12 was my father's. Needs hood redone but I just cant probably wont ever find the Organisol to do it.

Thanks for the help!

Would you wanna sell it? I inherited a modified 1972 "Spray gun" my father used to use back in the 70s to paint cars. (I also got to learn how to Spoon Lead) but cant say that.. LoL.

Looks really nice! My A12 was my father's. Needs hood redone but I just cant probably wont ever find the Organisol to do it.

Thanks for the help!
Not sure on that. It would probably be a pretty expensive quart of paint as its the real deal.

my Runner was my uncles car new too. Nice to see we have our original family cars still in the families….

isn’t there a frank balderson brand or something like that which people use and say is somewhat acceptable finish? Can’t remember for sure but seem to think I’ve read about it in this forum.

Not sure on that. It would probably be a pretty expensive quart of paint as its the real deal.

my Runner was my uncles car new too. Nice to see we have our original family cars still in the families….

isn’t there a frank balderson brand or something like that which people use and say is somewhat acceptable finish? Can’t remember for sure but seem to think I’ve read about it in this forum.
I beleive so.. I'm gonna try that SEM Hot Rod Black. I haven't painted cars in years, but Im only looking to do the hood at this point. Yeah I'd say that quart wouldn't be cheap! I spoke to my father a bit last night about the entire "Painting" thing, as he used to paint cars for FORD and in the shop he owned. Crazy how this stuff moves so fast with technology.

View attachment 1556667View attachment 1556668
Wonder what size TIP one would have to use with the Organisol or even the SEM Hot Rod paint? Its been quite a while!

SEM "hot rod black" cleans up with windex and a paper towel
What size tip would you use for that SEM? Pretty sure my old spray guns would shoot it ok. But I'm unfamilair with what ratio probably 20% or 5-1?

Screenshot_20231113_192044_eBay.jpg

shoot it like you would single stage or clear coat, it's lust black urethane with a flattener in it

it lays out smooth, so don't expect a textured finish.......

you can't sand it when you're done, so get the job as clean as possible......... I like to hang panels when ever possible so as not to collect dust

shoot it like you would single stage or clear coat, it's lust black urethane with a flattener in it

it lays out smooth, so don't expect a textured finish.......
Great!
Thanks for the answer, was really wondering what I got myself into!
I guess since only thing I'm usually sure of is MoPar wiring.

Auto Transport Service
Back