• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

organasol

AdamR

Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
So whats everyone using for Organasol ? Are you using PPG 9355 or something else ?

I found this online that I think I may give a shot
http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/hrf295.aspx

I would love to find something that I can lay a flat clear over but I dont know how well that will work with a textured paint.

That doesn't say it's metallic, and the original Organosol was metallic

I have to formulas for Organasol also. One has a lot more texture then the other. I have no clue which is correct as I dont believe I have ever seen anything with original organasol on it before.

heres the formulas I have

Strong black DMA358 794.5 or 804
Coarse Poly DMA349 24.4 or 24
Texture DMA364 171.1 or 972

The problem with these are that they are lacquer based and 99% of the cars we do are painted base/clear which means I cant lay this paint over anything.

Here is some SEM HOT ROD black. not bad looking but it just doesnt look right to me on the tail panel. It has no texture. It would look fine on say a 70 Dart hood black out or 71 Duster hood black out though.

IM000430a.jpg

looks a little to flat. Needs little more gloss look.. That color Would look good on top the fenders hood on a duster

See, I think its to shiny looking back there. I think the lack of texture to it screws it up also.

I have the 9355 over PPG two stage and no problems. I always remembered that you can put lacquer over enamel but not the other way around (I think I got that right). That rule was before the polyurethane stuff. I remember seeing the formula for organasol calling for aluminum, but I don't think mine has any or if it does it's very little. I would like to get it correct so if anyone has cracked the code let us know. I suppose I can have them add some metallic, but like you said, what's it supposed to look like? The hot rod texture seems interesting.

You need to check in over at the A12forum.com as there have been many, many conversations about this paint and lots of experimentation with different paints. You should find a soultion there.

Thanks, I find some good paint info over there. ot much on the organasol though.

Maybe it was Moparts instead, but on one of the two it seems to come up about every other week or so.

I have a bunch saved from Moparts as well. Most guys seem to be using the lacquer which I would rather stay away from.

Here is something that you may or may not have read.

DDL 9355 if you want the most correct [for the times] finish as the texture additive is not quite like the orig but close enough.

If you use DCC9355 there will be no texture in the paint.

Oh great, now I will have to go check it out. We did a lift off hood on a Roadrunner and I would swear we got the paint from Eastwood. I will double check on Monday.

Rev.

I used plain old DuPont Chromabase 99K. I blew a couple coats on for coverage, turned the fan off, pulled the gun back about 2 feet and dusted a coat on to get the textured effect.

P3270113.jpg

I used basically the same technique when I painted my dash frame. The texture additive was just too much texture.

Doh! I forgot about this one. Sorry, getting old. Year one sells organasol. It's in their catalog under #QP9355.

Rev.

Doh! I forgot about this one. Sorry, getting old. Year one sells organasol. It's in their catalog under #QP9355.

Rev.
Thats the formula with to much texture I believe.

We have a few things at work to try. One is a single stage HOT Rod black (not the SEM product) Another is a Semi flat clear that goes over regular base coat.

Whats nice about the flat clear is you wont have to worry about what to clean it with. You can wax it without worry about it turning glossy.

The bad part is the clear was $120 for a quart.

Thats the formula with to much texture I believe.

We have a few things at work to try. One is a single stage HOT Rod black (not the SEM product) Another is a Semi flat clear that goes over regular base coat.

Whats nice about the flat clear is you wont have to worry about what to clean it with. You can wax it without worry about it turning glossy.

The bad part is the clear was $120 for a quart.

Im using the ppg base black with the flat clear and yha it's not cheap, but it looks good even after a few years of siting it still looks good.

Auto Transport Service
Back