• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Orig 68..440..4 spd..Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob R

Local time
4:05 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
After 40 years,health forces me to sell my 68 Ply GTX..The car is numbers matching with a warranty block installed on June 12/68 by the purchasing dealership.The car has a fresh appraisal and it is in 1.5 condition..

I freshened the whole car front to back,everything on the car is new...front end..NOS steering box..torsion bars..all new electrical (year one) new gauges..brakes and lines..rad and heater core and heater box restored..Engine and trans..I put the orig 4.10 gear back in with the 1967 date code .new brgs.. clutches and steels in the locker ..I thought I would be able to drive it for another 30 or so years,but that's not going to happen now.

The engine is a pump gas 514 ci in wedge,Ross forged pistons,Molnar crank with Molnar chry rods with BBC big ends with arp 2000 bolts...billet main caps and the lifter bores were indexed and BHJ cast lifter bushings installed...a small 268@50 tight lash solid roller with Isky Red Zone lifters..smith bro .140 wall chrome moly push rods..Indy EZ-1's with all new valves,PSI 1224 springs,ti retainers ..they flow 350@700..

Trans is fresh,new brgs..rollers..brass..all speed gears are dressed and ready to shift ..the car just needs a new owner..

The color is M55 Charcoal Gray Irid Metallic a one year only 1968 Chry Imperial color...

There's just too much more to list..

This car has only the VERY best parts money could buy,even the paint is the very best..there is Not another car for sale out there this fresh,this complete,this new,with 0 miles on it..it has just over 5 hours of run time on the engine...
The Price $ 60.000 US

video of the car running at first start...

first start vid

More Pic..

#1.jpg #4 (1).jpg gtx int.jpg gtx int3.jpg #7 (1).jpg #7 (2).jpg #3.jpg

Last edited:
Guy's thanks for the complements..it is a very nice car,it's the ride that it has..it's like your Dads station wagon.It's nothing like any of my other cars, that's why I've kept it for over 40 years.
Rob

I've received questions about what ign is on the car..It's an MSD 7AL-3..the red box one..

How do I get a hold of you?

jk...just private message me and I'll give you some contact info.

Rob

Rob. Your inbox’s is full.

Sorry about that...all cleared out

I received quite a few questions on the fuel line size on the car...The car does have -12 front to back and fuel tank return...
I have new 3/8 pressure and return as well as the trunk vent line that comes with the car...I believe they are Inline Tube or something like that...new in the boxes..unopened.
Rob

I have been asked if I have the stock parts for the car...I have a pallet upstairs that has the stock parts that came with the car..ex manifolds..intake..carb..dist..there's all kinds of parts..I'm not a numbers guy,I've never checked to see if they are orig to the car...I never cared for that part of the hobby...I have no reason to think that those parts did not come with the car...
Rob

Almost everyone asks if I have the fender tag...that was lost at the body shop in the 70's...I never bothered to get a replacement tag made because it never bothered me...my GTX was bought new as a race car and raced as a F/S from new...

The stock parts that I have were in the trunk when I bought my GTX...I did not remove them from the engine..they came with the car.
Rob

I had a few people ask what stock parts for the car do I have,and do I have the jack for the car..
Yes I have the jack..but an exact inventory...not a clue...everything stock that I took off the GTX I put upstairs...Heck the car was only 8 years old when I bought it.
Rob

The car comes with a brand new 850 amp orig style Red cap battery...It showed up a week ago..It's the sealed maintenance free type...
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back