• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our neighborhood sucks for Trick or Treaters.

SteveSS

Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
The houses are spaced too far apart and at 65 years old, (I turn 66 tomorrow!) I'm in the younger third of the neighborhood. From the front of my house, I can see 4 houses with their porch lights on and only one other house with any Halloween decorations. If I was a trick-or-treater I'd play the odds in a different neighborhood. I have to have candy though just in case. I don't want to be that guy with no candy.

It's not like it used to be, like in my youth. Over the years, the T-or-T er's have dwindled down considerably. Only a handful show up anymore.

Could be worse

B0ED62A4-692D-43CB-B921-A3F81C79B2F5.png

1A01502B-89EC-4D42-AC21-87D92DE2B99A.png

Happy birthday.
Zero kids here. Very dark road, people zip through here at 60+ drinking nips and smoking dope. I did put up decorations though.

We are lucky- the town shuts down a few blocks where I live and kids come in droves. I put on a show- smoke machines, motion activated stuff, spooky music.
They are rewarded with full size candy bars and their eyes light up.
350 pieces this year and I ran out by 7:30!!

We are lucky- the town shuts down a few blocks where I live and kids come in droves. I put on a show- smoke machines, motion activated stuff, spooky music.
They are rewarded with full size candy bars and their eyes light up.
350 pieces this year and I ran out by 7:30!!
Yep, we get 400 or so.

All the main street merchants had trick or treat early today. There were lots of little ghosts and goblins. I think next year I will set up a table there and give out candy like some other people did today

Temps here are just below freezing, snow on top of ice make walking treacherous. Gets black dark around 0500PM. So far (08:25) we have had just under forty kids, which is about right for here. Every single one in costume, all well behaved, probably 75 percent said thank you and exchanged pleasantries. One commented that they liked my shirt, covered in paint but commemorating a Canadian WWII hero. Good kids.

Temps here are just below freezing, snow on top of ice make walking treacherous. Gets black dark around 0500PM. So far (08:25) we have had just under forty kids, which is about right for here. Every single one in costume, all well behaved, probably 75 percent said thank you and exchanged pleasantries. One commented that they liked my shirt, covered in paint but commemorating a Canadian WWII hero. Good kids.
Thank you is a very simple thing to say,but is forgotten too often

The warmest Halloween in WI that I can remember - Beautiful day 70 degrees

Had 1 - Yes 1

Live in a nice subdivision just north of Green Bay - About 30 homes , five new in the last few years - Every home is over an acre of land - Families every day with kids and dogs walking , biking - Lately since they allowed UTVs on the roads , you see those everywhere now also

When we built our house in 2000 , we literally had maybe a hundred or more kids walking , farm tractors and trailers full of kids for Halloween - We looked forward to it every year , never missed it

I just come to the conclusion that everyone is old and moved on - Maybe they are not Mopar fans

Anyone like Snickers in every flavor , stop over

Why does anyone celebrate a pagan holiday once they grow up and learn the origins of Halloween?
It's all commercial now days. $10.6 Billion in the US alone

Last edited:
Its all about my birthday, November 1st. ALL SAINTS DAY. ALL HALLOWS EVE is the time the ghosts and goblins get to play before the holy holiday.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back